Command Squads

Phoebus

I apologize in advance for missing something terribly obvious, but where in the Seventh Edition Codex is it stated what type of Command Squad an Independent Character may join/be joined by? The Sixth Edition Codex made it obvious by stating above each unit entry that, e.g., a Deathwing Command Squad could be added to a Character equipped with Terminator Armour. That doesn't appear to be the case any more. Is a more obscurely-located rule in play that still keeps the same mechanics in play? Or can I dare hope that Azrael can be joined by a Deathwing Command Squad in battle?

Another question: in the last edition, the Inner Circle rule would confer Preferred Enemy to a unit a Company Master joined (in this case, a Command Squad), which was a nice way of back-dooring the concept of the Black Knights being "in" on the Hunt for the Fallen. Likewise, it allowed for the portrayal of members of the Inner Circle that were placed in a Company - so long as they were accompanied by their Company Master or an Interrogator-Chaplain, of course.

If I understand the latest rules correctly, an Interrogator-Chaplain's Zealot rule will allow the unit he joins to re-roll To Hit rolls in the first round of each close combat. A Company Master's Deathwing rule, however, will not confer any benefit on his Command Squad.

So, if I understand you correctly, Azrael could start the game with a Deathwing Command Squad as easily as with a standard Command Squad?

On the second point, that's what I was afraid of. Such is life!

inner circle is gone replaced by ravenwing and deathwing USR's which are mutually exclusive. deathwing cannot be conferred to a unit that is exactly correct it is model specific in this specific case.

you can now take command squads without meeting those old requirements, in theory here you could take nothing but ravenwing command squads instead of black knights or nothing but deathwing command squads, im not sure why you would but it can be done

Archived