Steampunk Blood Angels ?

Reaver Lord Soul

Hail brothers and sisters of B&C :D

As the title suggests, would it be too far gone to model a blood angels successor using steampunk style bits or could it actually work ? :) I`ve been thinking about this for the past few days and thought that the best place to ask would be here on B&C happy.png

Any and all opinions would be much appreciated on this so please let me know your thoughts.

Many Thanks.

Soul.

40k is so expansive that the only limits are that of your imagination. Who's to say that an uncharted Successor isn't based on a steampunk style world and as such, uses the culture's motifs and inspiration for their art? Anything can be artistic to the right mind and with those of Sanguinius' lineage being the foremost artisans of the Adeptus Astartes, they would no doubt offer the best steampunk styling possible!

This would be an expensive venture mind, but a good place to start for bits might be Zealot miniatures.

Hail brothers and sisters of B&C biggrin.png

As the title suggests, would it be too far gone to model a blood angels successor using steampunk style bits or could it actually work ? smile.png I`ve been thinking about this for the past few days and thought that the best place to ask would be here on B&C happy.png

Any and all opinions would be much appreciated on this so please let me know your thoughts.

Many Thanks.

Soul.

I actually think this would be a great idea! (well, Steampunk's always awesome! smile.png ) I think there's some bitz makers that have mechanical wings which would look great on Steampunk Sanguinary Guards.

If you want, there's a fluff writing challenge in the Liber Astartes section at the moment. You'd be welcome to join smile.png

@ Jolemai. Thanks for the link, I shall add it to the ever-growing list of parts I`ve got on my USB biggrin.png I actually found these a few days ago which actually sparked my imagination about the idea of steampunk marines smile.pngwww.puppetswar.com/product.php?id_product=267

@ Lord Thorn. I actually have been thinking about writing some fluff for it ever since I first thought of the idea but I asked a friend of mine on the name I had come up with and he shot it down in flames as it were :P so I was a bit unsure as to whether or not to put it up on here :)

@ Lord Thorn. I actually have been thinking about writing some fluff for it ever since I first thought of the idea but I asked a friend of mine on the name I had come up with and he shot it down in flames as it were tongue.png so I was a bit unsure as to whether or not to put it up on here smile.png

Go for it all the same. Or perhaps, try your hand at this first as not only is it an easier exercise, but we still need replies for it!!!

@ Jolemai. I'll definitely post on it over this weekend :) I'm currently on my phone at the moment so I don't have any of the notes I've made for them with me :P

@ Lord Thorn. I had the name "Sacrificial Angels" in my head playing in the fact that people who become marines have to sacrifice their humanity so that the rest of the imperium can keep theirs:)

@ teetengee Yeah I understand what you mean with that, I'll just leave it open for now and see what happens.

@ Xin Thank you :D I have admittedly loved the forge world mechanicum stuff which will definitely help me :)

@ marine If the forgeworld mechanicum stuff can be used in for 40k then I will definitely consider it :D

@ marine If the forgeworld mechanicum stuff can be used in for 40k then I will definitely consider it biggrin.png

Why not use the 40k Mechanicus stuff? or counts as?

There is a Volume of Imperial Armour slated to come out that brings the 30k Mech units to 40k and potentially vice versa (if they don't do that in a HH book).

It's not fully confirmed but has been mentioned at events multiple times.

40k Ad Mech make nice firebases for us with Kataphron Destroyers with Grav or Plasma with a Tech priest thrown in to tank and repair. Stick them behind an ADL on an objective and enjoy your fire support.

40k is so expansive that the only limits are that of your imagination. Who's to say that an uncharted Successor isn't based on a steampunk style world and as such, uses the culture's motifs and inspiration for their art? Anything can be artistic to the right mind and with those of Sanguinius' lineage being the foremost artisans of the Adeptus Astartes, they would no doubt offer the best steampunk styling possible!

This would be an expensive venture mind, but a good place to start for bits might be Zealot miniatures.

Just jumped in. I just wanted to say the link is quite interesting. Thanks for that!

(They even have models for squats biggrin.png : http://zealotminiatures.com/shop-2/#!/Grundi-Clansmen-Bodies-x5/p/48676040/category=8326656 (though they seem to have orang-utan arms ...) )

Archived