Ravenwing rule and other HQ

dtse

No, actually it's not like that.  HQ's on bike only gain RW rule if they are DA and if your group agrees they can. So a non-DA HQ will never get RW rule and a DA HQ on bike will only gain such rule if you ask before hand to your group or if your group has a house-rule about it.

Pay attention that, according answer from GW, you could take IC on bike to RWSF, but this IC doesn't  get "Rawenving" special rule.

I've not seen anything official or unofficial from GW, asked at the store at the weekend they know nothing

Q. When is a HQ not a member of the Ravenwing

A. When he's on a bike ;)

Totally ridiculous how it wasn't spotted at proof reading time, every DA Ravenwing player took 1 look at the formations at the back and went What!!!!

Its down to your gaming group really the reason GW  wouldn't auto upgrade HQ to Ravenwing (even though it makes the most sense) is the proliferation of multi force SM spam bike deathstar lists but that's not our problem its a problem of their own making and if people abuse the ITC ruling then their gaming group will soon tell them which rock they can drive their bike back under.

Q. When is a HQ not a member of the Ravenwing

A. When he's on a bike msn-wink.gif

Totally ridiculous how it wasn't spotted at proof reading time, every DA Ravenwing player took 1 look at the formations at the back and went What!!!!

Long time ago for one of the previous version of our codex (probably 4th edition) GW answered on such question in FAQ:

Q. Chaplains and Librarians may take Space Marine Bikes as an upgrade. According to the Dark Angels organistion chart on page 15, Librarians don't belong to the Ravenwing, but it would appear that all bikes in the chapter do. So do bikes bestow the Ravenwing rules upon characters taking them? It seems logical to be able to field a Ravenwing Chaplain with the special rules, but what of the Librarian? (p80-81)

A. Very creative use of the background, I must say. Sadly Chaplains and Librarians on bikes don't benefit from the Ravenwing special rules. Come on, you didn't think we'd really say anything else, did you?

So there is background and there are rules. Sometimes they contradict each other. Dark Angels bike never give any additional special rules to IC compare to ordinary bike from rulebook. I don't think GW will change their approach.

Also

I've not seen anything official or unofficial from GW, asked at the store at the weekend they know nothing

http://s1.postimg.org/ulpy191v3/image.jpg

Pay attention that, according answer from GW, you could take IC on bike to RWSF, but this IC doesn't  get "Rawenving" special rule.

so anybody that has dark angels faction, takes a bike, it gains Ravenwing special rule.  But any other character thats not a DA, does not.

Umm...no, that's actually almost exactly the opposite of what MoonPhoenix said...

Umm...no, that's actually almost exactly the opposite of what MoonPhoenix said...

According to a customer service person's email: Bike + Character = RW HQ for the purposes of the formation

According to ITC rules: Bike + Character = RW HQ with RW special rule for the purposes of the formation

According to how you want to play it? Ask your opponent.

Until a official FAQ from GW i play RW only with Sammael as my only HQ... When i play cause lately i am playing more HH than 40K cause i am irritated by the poor writing of the DA codex...

I would like a errata from GW but knowing how bad are the DA erratas for the 6th edition codex well i like better to be forced to play Sammael...

Too bad that Librarians doesn't get Ravenwing rule if they ride with them, but looking in the codex no librarian are structurally tied to the company. Not as they chaplains are, but they are there for a reason, and it means that the chaplains would gain the rule as they are a actual part of the 2nd company.

Anyway, I placed a RW shoulderpad and pimped it with gold in case of the best outcome. smile.png

Librarian on bike 3

Archived