Codex

Strahn

Brothers,

Our latest codex, was it 6th or 7th edition? My friend is convinced that it was 6th edition and that at some point we'll get an updated codex with all the fun stuff like vehicle squadrons. Any insight into this? I can't really see anything new in the forseeable future given that our last codex is less than a year old.

well, next edition probably wont be for a while, 7th ed was basically meant to be 6th ed, but 6th was rushed out to help cover costs after New Line were filing a law suit against GW.

Our current codex is alright, and is certainly playable (just not as good as codex marines in many ways), but i wouldn't be at all surprised if we do see an update in the next year or so - they're pumping through codeci at the moment.

Yeap, we're definitely a 7E codex. The new codex isn't top tier, but it's not that bad. (I'm 12-5 with my BA since the 7E dex dropped w/ victories over the top codexes). The Shield of Baal rules help by giving BA more options. 

But most importantly, the new codex is a lot of fun to play. It's a huge improvement over the older 5E codex, imo. 

To be honest, I'd rather just make do until the next edition where they change everything rather than get a new codex only for it to be superceded again.

Good luck with that LOL

All it would take is them to do the Vanilla book before us. That's all I want :<

Well, there's a strong indication (Hastings) that codexes will go the way of the dodo within two years. What they are replaced with exactly is still unknown, but looking at the freely downloadable rules for Age of Sigmar I wouldn't be surprised if 40k got a similar treatment. Hopefully that will put an end to codexes being 'outdated'.

Archived