Which BA HQ packs the best punch teamed with the DC?

Helias_Tancred

overkill.

You what? :)

10 DC with a power fist and 2 power weapons is a combo i like to use as it can take and dish damage. 7 is also a good number

5 just doesn't really cut it for me, although they are vicious still they start dropping quickly in big games with lots of enemy fire power etc targetting them

There's no such thing as overkill!

Seriously though, 8 is my preferred squad size with 2 power fists and a Chappy (occasionally with Valours Edge). I include Dante in this unit too in bigger games. That seems to give a decent balance of raw power and weight of attacks.

D

Yeah 7 or 8 is enough unless you roll particularly badly.

Which can occasionally happen :D

8 is probably enough for a lot of situations but 10 gives you an extra 10 attacks on the charge - enough to skip on some power weapons.

True, but I find this is mitigated somewhat by the Chappy (& Dante, If applicable).

D

Speaking of chaplains, do any of you find yourselves using Lemartes at all? And if so, how does he perform? Is he worth the elites slot he occupies? Or would you forgo him for a traditional chaplain whose loadout you can customize?

I've got his model sitting around that I was going to paint along with the rest of my death company when I got around to it (regardless if I choose him in my lists), just curious on his combat effectiveness

Look at him as a chaplain+1. If you aren't using all your elite slots but have used up HQ, he could be good to take to give the DC more punch.

He MURDERISES Necrons though. S8 on the charge after a wound - no reanimation for you! I think he shouldve had a special ap3 mace for his points, but that's me. It is THE Blood croisus (sp) or whatever.

He gives the DC a challenge monkey too as well as rerolls. Would enjoy seeing him a wound down with Quickening to smash apart an imperial knight or something before it knows what's hit it.

Look at him as a chaplain+1. If you aren't using all your elite slots but have used up HQ, he could be good to take to give the DC more punch.

He MURDERISES Necrons though. S8 on the charge after a wound - no reanimation for you! I think he shouldve had a special ap3 mace for his points, but that's me. It is THE Blood croisus (sp) or whatever.

He gives the DC a challenge monkey too as well as rerolls. Would enjoy seeing him a wound down with Quickening to smash apart an imperial knight or something before it knows what's hit it.

When you say "challenge monkey" do you mean he gives DC someone to issue challenges - to neutralise enemy characters?

Having a character in your squad for challenges can be a good thing. Say you're getting your DC into a fistfight with 20 Ork Boyz and a Nob with Powerklaw. If you don't have any character, you'd have to mulch though all the boyz before you could wound the Nob, while the Nob is probably killing a few DC each turn. But if you had an attached chaplain, he could possibly kill the Nob before it ever gets to swing.

Having a character in your squad for challenges can be a good thing. Say you're getting your DC into a fistfight with 20 Ork Boyz and a Nob with Powerklaw. If you don't have any character, you'd have to mulch though all the boyz before you could wound the Nob, while the Nob is probably killing a few DC each turn. But if you had an attached chaplain, he could possibly kill the Nob before it ever gets to swing.

Yep. I'm running a jump pack Chaplain with my DC that will also serve as the allied detachment HQ. Was thinking about Lemartes as a possibility too. I'm a sucker for good fluff and cool independent characters.

Archived