A wolf among.... monks?

Astoran

Greetings.

The other day I was looking at my 2nd ed army. Or what is left of it and got kinda nostalgic. I started to remember Azraels many fights with Asurmen. My Company Master blowing up Leman Russ demolishers with melta bombs and my RW Landspeeders beeing the bane and fear of my gaming group with their assault cannons. They were crazy good back then.

I started to read the new DA codex and got to the page with the Demi Company and realised that if I spend a little money I could field this.

My humble question to you is: what are the do´s and dont´s?

I´m not fishing for a WAAC list. I just want to make a DC without drawing shame over the 1:st and finding myself beeing interrogated in the darkest corners of the Rock.

I was thinking of having a Company Master leading my boys. Probably in a Razorback with a command squad. Three full units of Tacticals in Rhinos. A Devastator squad with Lascannons for cracking open them metal boxes :-) And after realising that Dreads can come in squads I will ofc have 3 Assault cannon dreads. This model have always been my favourite both in the fluff and based on the look.

Again, not looking for a list. Just some friendly advice. So if you have it in your hearts to help this old Wolf Priest I will be forever greatful.

It sound like you already have the basis for a decent Demi Comp. I would think about what you can take with it for a full lions blade. over watch on full bs is not to be over looked. If you already have RW or DW elements to your 2nd ed army your probably not far off.

It's also worth considering that the wolves and the lions play very well together. In fact they took first place at Nova recently.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/313390-dark-angels-sweep-the-nova-open/?hl=%2Blion+%2Bwolf&do=findComment&comment=4167499.

This thread has good ideas for combos http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/310398-the-lion-and-the-wolf/?hl=%2Bwolf+%2Blion&do=findComment&comment=4116492

Hope this is some help and welcome back to the 1st.

Thank you for the answers. It seems like Lions Blade is the way to go. Im probably aiming for a army around 1500-2000 points.

Is sticking a Company Master to a command squad a waste of points? I really like the idea of my boss running around with a merry bunch, taking names around the battle field.

Jamming in some RW or DW units should be no problem either since I have a few of those laying around.

All and all I just want an army that looks nice and fluffy on the table :-)

Archived