Tribes on Baal

Sviar

I remember a topic a while ago that was about the tribes of Baal Secundus. It even contained some scanned pages of a book that I have forgotten the title of.  Sadly I can't find that link, so I created a new topic. Is there any stories about them in BL books or in a Codex, or maybe in IA? I would love to read something about them.

How much do we know, like when did Baal Secundus get populated by the Imperium. What happened to Baal Prime?  

I remember the tribes of Baal Secundus are touched on in "Fear to Tread", and to a lesser extent in the "Shield of Baal: Deathstorm" novel by Josh Reynolds.

Fear to Tread also talks about the fate of Baal Prime and why the inhabitants of Baal Secundus devolved into the tribal structure that it is today, but I won't spoil anything :P

Thank you Brother Mikesmile.png

I haven't had the time to sit down with a novel for quite some time (at least a year due to real life issues), until now. I'll order Fear to Tread today. I find the tribes interesting (what I've read on Lexicanum), so it's going to be great to get the broader picture.

Thank you Brother Mikesmile.png

I haven't had the time to sit down with a novel for quite some time (at least a year due to real life issues), until now. I'll order Fear to Tread today. I find the tribes interesting (what I've read on Lexicanum), so it's going to be great to get the broader picture.

I still have them (I started a thread about if they fought or not). I will pm them to you.

Credit for those pictures goes to Leonaides who found them to answer my question (like yours).

I have the codex it's from now, but I'm away, so I had to use them.

Baal reminds me a bit of Arrakis in Dune by Frank Herbert, and the tribes remind me of the Fremen from the novel...

Not sure if there is any link (probably not, but interesting none the less - to me at least!) but I think Steve Jackson (co-founder of Games Workshop) was a fan of Dune - he made reference to it in one of the early Fighting Fantasy books, House of Hell by including a 'Kris' knife. In Dune these knives were made from the teeth of Sand Worms.

Eh, I digress...

Archived