40 K Bits - Still available?

SM1981

So probably showing my age a bit here, but once upon a time in the back of White Dwarf magazine you used to be able to order the constitute parts of Warhammer models for assembly (so a space marines body, an individual lascanon, etc).

Does anyone know if this facility is still available, and if not are there any independent websites that might do the same who have good range and are reliable?

I buy a lot through Black Dagger Games on ebay, I'm in California and their in I think Virginia. Ordering chest pieces, legs or individual marines and you get a random piece/figure from the desired faction. Can't specify you want torso 3 from kit A. Usually has good selection, prices and shipping.

Horde O Bits is another good one. Higher shipping, larger bundles. Harder to get a specific bit here.

Bits World is a third one I use. Can get some pieces the other 2 never carry and shipping is in between the other 2. My issue with this one is they're not always careful removing bits from sprue, have had a few bits look twisted off the sprue.

Hope that helps

Oh man, the days of mail order. They were the good days...

But now it's pretty common to get your bits off of ebay. There are multiple sellers who sell all sorts of different bits for the plastic kits GW makes, and for more reasonable prices than mail order used to be. 

I've bought my most recent bits from bitzgalaxy on eBay as my old goto seller, hoardobits, no longer seems to sell auction based listings. They're Australia based but have very reasonable shipping to the US as per the current exchange rate(thanks Obama!). I'll let you all know how that turns out once the bits get here.

Also, I'd like to issue an apology to everyone as I am more than likely the one sniping your bids at the last second. Sorry about that.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived