Ravenwing: Elites and HQ options

Stevethepirate

Im asking the question again:

What kind of vanilla-hq-choices fit the best to the RWCS (apart from the special characters)? I have a librarian on the bike which is already a good supplement. Is there something else to look at? Why does the regular company master not have the bike-option?

All the main choices have access to bikes (EXCEPT COMPANY MASTER, ONLY THE EMPEROR KNOWS WHY)

i have personally used the IC and regular chaplain depending on cost, they are great in a scrap, especially with a black knight command squad.

Never used a tech marine on bike and even if i did, i would have him running about the back of armour.

The IC is my primary choice on a bike though, for the small increase in points he is far more impressive in battle than a std chaplain.

Hello everyone

Yesterday i played a game with my RWCS (apothecary & champion) with a librarian lvl. 2 paired to a darkshroud. I had invisibility as psychic-power, which i always gave to the RWCS.

...I have to tell you that this deathstar was hilariously funny to play with. Thanks to the invisibility, the rerollable 2++ jink, the 5++ feel no pain and the no-overwatch-specialrule form the darkshroud, not even one from these guys died in the hole game. They killed nearly everything they were facing. Thanks to their speed they could zip around the board and flank flank flank. The plasma-shooting was devastating! The corvus-hammer is rending and because you have so many attacks in charge, the possibility to kill something with a strong armor is high. You definitely have to try this out.

So during the game there occurred a question which i want to ask you guys: The RWCS managed to kill a battletank in close combat. Thanks to the rending hammers it exploded, but unfortunately the blast hit my bikers. Can the RWCS jink in this situation or is it not allowed because of close combat? Thankfully i passed all the armour saves so nobody died (yes they are still space marines with a 3+ ^^).

cheers

From the Assault Phase section of the main rule book:  "Models do not get cover saves against any Wounds suffered from close combat attacks, . . . "

A vehicle exploding is not a close combat attack, so you get your jink cover saves from it just as if your squad were nearby when it explodes from a shooting attack.  However as you are not being targeted by a shooting attack you would have to be jinking from earlier in the turn.

Archived