Blood Angels Painting Log

TheHyperion

Hello Sons of Sanguinius,

I currently am painting up some blood angels for my dad and I figured I would feature what I am painting here because it seems like I may be in it for the long haul :D. I love nearly everything about the Blood Angels as they look great, look fun to play, and have amazing lore. So without further ado here is what I have so far(Still needs some touch ups but let me know what you guys think anyways). I achieved the red by reviving the old gw red ink with some medium which makes it behave differently but the pigment is still there.

IMG 4182

IMG 4181

IMG 4180

IMG 4179

IMG 4178

Thanks!

~Sapphon

A little blurry but super cool. Love the classic scouts, especially that old sarge with the auspex!

Welcome to the best boards on the forum brother - and into the angel's fold!

Is there anyway to improve the quality of photo that I am not doing at the current moment? this is a common complaint among my painting threads it seems :D

Thanks!

~Sapphon

Potentially stupid question, but how are you adding them to your posts?

I just link my in using html www.picturelocation.blah and they appear in these boards nice and clear.

OT. The scouts are looking good, but is that foil I see covering your painting area?

D

Potentially stupid question, but how are you adding them to your posts?

I just link my in using html www.picturelocation.blah and they appear in these boards nice and clear.

OT. The scouts are looking good, but is that foil I see covering your painting area?

D

That is foil XD, we don't really buy any news papers in my house, but that foil has been on the painting surface for nearly 2 years now, I upload the pics to my gallery sometimes having to crop them to meet size limits.

~Sapphon

IMG 4207

The wings on these models are a censored.gif to put on and keep in the preferred position, I got a sixth base in the pack they gave me so I moved my dad's old half painted dante onto the 32mm base, I plan on having these painted up soon, there is also a blood angels tactical squad that my dad started but seemingly lost interest in painting, later on there may also be some death company and the old lemartes model to paint as well as some tactical squads. On a couple side notes, if my questions above could be answered thatd be great, and as far as Blood Angels, I have been interested in starting a successor chapter army and didn't know which I should pick out of these four: Lamenters, Angels Encarmine, Flesh Tearers, Flesh Eaters with this reasoning for each.

Lamenters: like lore, badab war, would like to ally scythes of the emperor, but yellow seems hard to paint

Angels Encarmine: fluff is ok, I enjoy the colors for the entire army but white seems hard to paint

Flesh Tearers: Two of my FAVORITE characters in 40k lore, gabriel seth and especially nassir amit, if they made a horus heresy model of him I'd pre order that before it even got put onto the forgeworld site.... however the red looks fairly hard as the recipes people have seem a bit iffy, I like a more garnet or richer red rather than the brown some people do

Flesh Eaters: like Flesh Tearers, one of the rogue trader groups, however it seems like GW wants to throw them under the rug for some reason? I like the red and corvus teeth pattern

Thanks

~Sapphon

Archived