Contemptors

SM1981

Wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts / insight into the lack of contemptor dreadnoughts for the blood angels.

As I understand it (and correct me if I'm wrong here)... The chapter used to have a load of them, but due to a preference for close combat action, the amount of upheaval after the hours heresy, and depletion in combat, they were almost all wiped out. Those that were left were then gifted to the successor chapters to form a link between the future unborn space marine / blood angel decendants and the primarch / the golden history of the chapter. End result is that there are none left to be fielded by the chapter in battle, hence there are none present in the codex / army lists / etc.

However... If that's right surely that leaves space for some pretty awesome BA contemptor characters to appear in successor chapter armies.

Just seems like GW / FW are missing a trick there. Plus for Hours Heresy era players the models should be available anyway. Or do I have that completely wrong?

The usefulness of our own is debatable though. While it is WS5,the number of attacks is a little low and only have BS4 is sad. Also no mortis option.

But you came to the BA to rip and tear anyway msn-wink.gif

We have access to the Deredeo which makes lacking the Mortis option irrelevant. Also, when the IA update(s) come through, the base attacks will rise to four for our Contemptor (or three should we swap one of the fists out for a heavy weapon).

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have a pdf for the rules for a BA contemptor? Can't find one online and it doesn't seem to exist on the Forge World website?

Any help would be appreciated.

That's kind of like asking for rules from the codex. If you want the contemptor rules, you have to buy them from FW!

I like to field one BA Contemptor withe the Kheres Assault Cannon from time to time.

In my last games VS CSM he did solid work.

Fielded just that in Apocalypse a little while back, the heavy flamer totally rekt some plague drones as did his fist. Kheres took the final hull point from a kind of bane blade (one that shoots a load of bolt rounds from a gattling gun).

Expected results, the 5+ save was great.

If I remember correctly the BA Contemptor used to have the old Blood Talon rules to generate more hits? Does it still have it, or has my memory once again failed me?

No it just has access to blood talons, which as per the new codex grant shred.

Sorry :(

If I remember correctly the BA Contemptor used to have the old Blood Talon rules to generate more hits? Does it still have it, or has my memory once again failed me?

Sorry sad.png

Bugger... I really miss those old Talons cry.gif. Well at least CC Contemptors still look awesome.

Sorry sad.png

Bugger... I really miss those old Talons cry.gif. Well at least CC Contemptors still look awesome.

Realy? the few times i used them they where underwelming.

I heard storys of destroying whole ork mobs with one Blendernought but my clawed veterans only managed to die by powerclaws. :/

I want to try out a contemptor fragioso the next time. Had do buld an fragweapon arm that fits.

ixzion build a great frag-cannon!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/295044-furioso-contemptor-dreadnought-with-frag-cannon/?p=3774777

Sorry sad.png

Realy? the few times i used them they where underwelming.

I heard storys of destroying whole ork mobs with one Blendernought but my clawed veterans only managed to die by powerclaws. :/

I want to try out a contemptor fragioso the next time. Had do buld an fragweapon arm that fits.

ixzion build a great frag-cannon!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/295044-furioso-contemptor-dreadnought-with-frag-cannon/?p=3774777

Oh yes, my beloved DC dread has always been very kind to me, and has returned my trust with piles upon piles of Heretic corpses. devil.gif

Sure there have been times where a lucky powerfist has taken it out, but we most certainly don't speak of those.

• 1 month later...

He's like my contemptor, but reversed colours!

VOLKITE (I think?) and Conversion beamer is pretty good actually, you get the option to snipe heavy armour far away, or clear out Hordes with Deflag + lazor blasts. PEW PEW, CHOOOOOM.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/Snapchat-4367573661326401141_zpsxgbeajor.jpg

Archived