Contemptors

SM1981

Exactly right - good knowledge there!

I magnetised the arms though to allow for rotation.

There are a couple of conversions that I'm playing with (power sword and shiled, frag cannon and talons), and also a double assault cannon and missile launcher load out I want.

Buying 4 bodies though is a bit much, so I bought 1 and a whole bunch of arms, and then a bag of magnets. Much more economical!

He's like my contemptor, but reversed colours!

VOLKITE (I think?) and Conversion beamer is pretty good actually, you get the option to snipe heavy armour far away, or clear out Hordes with Deflag + lazor blasts. PEW PEW, CHOOOOOM.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/Snapchat-4367573661326401141_zpsxgbeajor.jpg

That HH era contemptor looks great!

Did you add the studs yourself or were they part of the kit?

He's like my contemptor, but reversed colours!

VOLKITE (I think?) and Conversion beamer is pretty good actually, you get the option to snipe heavy armour far away, or clear out Hordes with Deflag + lazor blasts. PEW PEW, CHOOOOOM.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/Snapchat-4367573661326401141_zpsxgbeajor.jpg

Shame Blood Angels Contemptors can't take those weapons...

There are a couple of conversions that I'm playing with (power sword and shiled, frag cannon and talons), and also a double assault cannon and missile launcher load out I want.

Buying 4 bodies though is a bit much, so I bought 1 and a whole bunch of arms, and then a bag of magnets. Much more economical!

Just remember that Blood Angels Contemptors can't take dual Kheres nor a missile launcher...

For a second Jolemai I thought you meant my single Kheres wasn't available... When I specifically remember being like "dude, this is an allowed load out... Right?" :P

And SM1981, the studs are all on the Kit, it's the Emperor's Children Contemptor from FW! It looks really BA doesn't it! Got it on eBay for a tasty discount. I got rid of all of the talons from the wings with a knife. Only Legion iconography is the III on the legs, but I just blag that's company markings :P

It's also a 40k dread ;) but I'll no doubt use it in 30k when BA sort it out and release in full.

Just remember that Blood Angels Contemptors can't take dual Kheres nor a missile launcher...

That´s the reason i allied yesterday one dual kheres Contemptor in. 12 S6 Rending shots ware nice.

Sadly i fought against decurion necrons and did only a few casaulties. :/

Wait, hold on a sec.

I am JUST about to convert a Contemptor Mortis Dread with a pair of assault Cannons out of two Betrayal at Calth sets.

Is this not legal? :(

Sadly we can't (currently) field them in 40k.

Can in 30k I believe.

Magnetise, magnetise, magnetise.

Oh, thats fine then.

My Calth sets will be exclusivly for 30k use. I already have more than enough 40k units to play with.

Phew!

*goes back to mutilating Contemptor arms*

You might want to double check - I believe they are okay for us in 30k but I don't know that much about 30k. My understanding is all Legions have access to the same stuff but I might be wrong.

On the note of allies...

What's the ruling on allying in Mortis Dreads, Contemptors with Dual Assault Cannons, Centurions, etc from another un-named space marine chapter who also happen to wear a lot of red, black, and gold armour.

Assuming you don't put squad / company / chapter markings on the models is that in theory cool? Or is it a little bit too cheeky to fly?

Also would fielding these models as allies then open you up to using other generic space marine formations, or am I hoping for too much there?

A lot of folk run "red marines", which permits them to run whatever they wish. Unless your group/club/store/tournament has a problem with it (and it's always worth checking first), you're well within your rights to run a single coloured army comprising of many different Factions. Just make sure your opponent is aware of what's what!

Archived