Deredeo worth it?

shaun03

With rules being free for download is plus but the model is ugly as :cuss.

Point wise there costly add in the ML and just few points shy of land raider.

But able to give long range fire support and geat at making no fly zone, they may find home in 40k.

Any one use one in 40k yet?

the plasma upgrades look tempting, noping toughest models in game at range is something we can't do. And if need be firing it with 5" blast will own hordes. The ML can pin units in cover and granteed side hits make great for light armour out there. And when adding in skyfire is can knock out most flyers in turn.

Autocannon for keeping it cheaper isn't bad either, but if going use one might as well go full retard on points. Your going ID pretty much anything you hit with it, and sunder is nice for FMC and units in cover.

for the cons

Point cost a lot for static model ( AA support) or slow moving when compared to the rest of our army

Work around for speed is have raven give it ride. But that's Ton of points on stand by.

Requires relic of armour so force to take chappy.

Need support won't surive any form of CC, maybe heavy Flamers with D3 over watch might help. But with 1A isn't going to cut it.

Overall it looks like it could find home in some list.

I got a Deredeo, yet to field it (well, fully build it... But it's vowed in the RTS!) and I think for BA especially it is a wonderful bit of kit.

Survivable enough to take enemy fire and dishes out a lot of firepower that we otherwise lack: anti flyer and ignore cover ap3. It can shoot them at different targets too - but the missiles will be snapshots against ground targets if he uses sky fire remember.

Being Heavy support also means it doesn't take away from our other dreads slots and in reality it is a lot more powerful than other HS choices too.

I also think it looks really cool xD

You only need a Chaplain for 2+ Relic of the Armoury vehicles in your Primary Detachment (i.e. the Detachment that contains your Warlord). If you wish to field one in a Secondary Detachment (i.e. any Detachment that doesn't contain your Warlord), then you will require a Chaplain in that Detachment.

Once the IA books, etc are updated, I would expect the Deredeo's base attacks to rise to 2 - but why are you actively getting it into combat anyway?

Also, someone wrote a review with possible tactics a while back. It might be of interest :)

The Deredeo is one of the best dread options we have, IMO. You're right, of course, that it'll fold like damp cardboard in CC, with only one attack. But you don't take it for the CC (That's what you take literally any of our other options for!), you take it for rupturing the innards of anything across the other side of the field.

In my opinion, taking the Autocannons is where it's at. The Deredeo excels as the anchorpoint in a stand-back firebase, especially with the missiles. Being able to choose to use Skyfire (And Intercepter!) for a turn is huge for this. Str 8 with rerolls to penetrate will tear through anything av12 r less, and has a pretty solid chance at damaging av13 or glancing av14. You lose out on the AP2, but you gain 12" of range and the chance to instagib most marine targets. And it's cheaper.

the simple answer: yes.

the complicated one: I think it is a nice looking model sort of reminds me of my mech warrior days. Honestly though dont take it unless you get the aiolos ML

Use PC for MEQing and TEQing. Use The Anvilus ACB for Anti Air and AV10-13 killing. Shake well with cover and protection from enemy CC. Whisk furiously. *For best results add spam*

I usually run mine with plasma cannonade and missiles + ignore cover legacy. Bunch of points but ap2 ignore cover big blast hurts loads of stuff. Also, cool factor wise it's one of my favorite models, so that helps ;)

Nice. Which legacy is that again?

Ap2 with ignores cover is just what the Dr ordered for Eldar bikes and White Scars bikes.

D

Funnily enough, I've been a big fan of it since I first saw it. Clearly still an IoM dread variant, but with enough divergence to suggest it operates in a wholly different way.

Lack of funds and a hobby to do list as long as my arm are about the only things stopping me thinking about getting one.

D

Archived