Blood Chalice question

Helias_Tancred

One of the few things left from my uograde kit is the blood chalice. Under BA specific wargear it says it gives +1WS, cool. But in looking through the codex I was coming up short on who could carry one into battle? I know sanguinary priests by default have one, but after looking through the option carefully (was hoping a captain could carry one) well it looks like the one in the upgrade kit is just for bling?

Thanks.

Back in the day Standard Bearers could carry them as well.

Buuuuut, it doesn't have to even be a blood chalice. If you look at the Blood Quest comic, in the first battle the captain takes a grail, fills it with the blood of the fallen and drinks it swearing an oath to victory.

Buuuuut, it doesn't have to even be a blood chalice. If you look at the Blood Quest comic, in the first battle the captain takes a grail, fills it with the blood of the fallen and drinks it swearing an oath to victory.

A grail and chalice are pretty much the same thing, though, right?

Ok so the chalice that comes with the upgrade kit is either for bling use, OR to help build your own sanguinary priest. Gotcha.

Exactly that!

Or it could be a counts as power mace.

That's a wicked idea.

Another suggestion is to make a cool objective marker out of it.

D

I meant a blood chalice meaning the one that is a rare relic. Like, it was a normal grail, not a special one. Just some cup he had. 

As opposed to the psychically attuned one that brings out the best of all angels. Like, the special ones carried by the priests.

So yes, a grail and a chalice are the same, but they aren't necessarily Blood Chalices.

I meant a blood chalice meaning the one that is a rare relic. Like, it was a normal grail, not a special one. Just some cup he had. 

Aah, I get it, cool Idea still. Like a Placebo Chalice?

Basically. 

It only pops up once in the Blood Quest series.

They had been fighting the Orks at an Astromonicon relay station for several days. On the final night before Reinforcements arrive, the biggest Ork push was about to happen. Captain Leonaitos got in front of all of his guys, grabbed a chalice, filled it with the blood of the fallen brothers and swore an oath that they would hold and stuff like that. He then drank from the chalice, all of his men were like, "Ah hell yeah!" and then the battle started.

Almost all of them died, but they held back the Orks. The Reinforcements discovered a few survivors left, including the unconcious captain, who lost the Encarmine Blade, which was given to one of the chapter's first heroes by Sanguinius himself. (This was before Raldoran existed). That is what started the Blood Quest.

Archived