Flesh Tearer Scouts

BionicVamp

Your scouts look nice and you picked a great Chapter so I'll throw in my money. Remember, these are just my opinions. You may or may not like them- do as you see fit happy.png!

Have you considered using grey for the black highlights? Or, barring that, a dark grey-blue? What's happening right now is that is that the rifle systems' cowling (covers for the internals) look like they need to be blue instead of black. The good thing is that you have the highlights in most of the right places. Trust me, you're leagues better than I was when I started doing them msn-wink.gif.

While we're on the topic of highlights, they are a bit thick. Not a problem. What you might need is a smaller brush that you only use for highlighting so that its bristles don't fray as soon as normal brushes. The benefit of doing that and obtaining said brush? Better highlights.

The Aquila on the Sergeant and little bits and bobs here and there could use some metallic paint. Maybe bronze? Yes, bronze.

The skin for your Scouts looks very nice from this angle. The only thing that I could nit-pick would be the red. Run a black shade over the red, highlight with your original colour, and then, if you wish, do a fine highlight with another, brighter red. That's just personal preference so feel free to disregard that.

All in all not a bad job. Keep up the good work thumbsup.gif!

Not too shabby a return :tu:

I'd second the wash suggestion, but instead of pure black I'd recommend a mix of 2 parts red to 1 part black. Apply this after your highlights and you'll find it will even out the transition between the colours just a bit and provide some nice deep shading to the red. This is what I did with my tearers and they came out alright :lol:

Thanks alot for the replies.

I think I'm definetly going to change my black highlighting to grey instead of blue as the bull is standing out to much.

These scputs were basically the teat models and a practice for my new army so here's too many more flesh tearer assault marines!

Archived