Terminator CM with Bonus Attack?

SvenONE

While putting together a list, it just occured to me that it may be possible to get a bonus attack with a CM? When you bring terminator armor you lose your pistol.  But according to the entry you can exchange any weapon for a relic, which means that you'd be able to trade your stormbolter for a mace? While yes, you'd be running 2 AP3 weapons, you'd be getting an extra attack out of it at no additional cost beyond the Terminator investment.  Could make for a neat modelling endeavor having a sword and mace.  I don't find the storm bolter all that impressive on a CM despite the better BS, so I could live without.

I was considering it, but the +1 T, FNP and 3++ from Storm Shield/Shroud/DWKs was too good to pass up.

exactly the company master in tda synergizes too well with the dwk's and powers up so much with other items that taking the mace of redemption on top of it is a bit much. and your starting to get to the point where hes basically costing the same as belial and if you want fleshbane on him and s+2 you can already get that not to mention your 4 attacks base.

My preference for TDA CM is the discounted relic blade plus storm shield. Yes, it's one less attack, but far better synergy with DWKs. If not intending to put him with DWKS, then yes, you could give him the MOR over his Stormbolter. In that case, I would run him with a DWCS with the Deathwing banner for 6 Mace attacks on the charge.

Couldn't you give him a power claw and a power first and attack with the power claw at normal  speed? 6 attacks on charge with banner

when you jump to tda you lose the ability to buy non relic weapons that arent the relic blade or a combi bolter. that would be the problem there buddy

it says a company master in terminator armor gets a storm bolter and power sword. Then it says a model in terminator armor can take items from the terminator weapons list which include replacing the storm bolter for a power claw and the power sword for a power fist. 20 points

it says a company master in terminator armor gets a storm bolter and power sword. Then it says a model in terminator armor can take items from the terminator weapons list which include replacing the storm bolter for a power claw and the power sword for a power fist. 20 points

That is correct.  The CM in TDA can indeed swap his storm bolter and power weapon for other Terminator weapons such as claws and fists.

I 'take' it for 15 points at the same time as I take TDA, they are not mutually exclusive, look at what taking TDA replaces.

I do not choose to swap a power weapon for it for 5 points from the lists.

I also then replace my TDA given power sword with a relic blade for 10 points before I even look at the lists.

And I then take The Eye from the Relics list.

I even retain my Storm Bolter paid for with TDA and sometimes replace it with Foe Smiter or Lions Roar.

I think Deadangel101 is referring to BattleScribe or similar. In the app, which I genuinly think is built pretty much on how GW would intend to have things work, you can choose between relic blade and storm shield, you cannot have both. You can of course go SS+TH or relic blade and TH, or whatever you might desire, but RB and SS is not an option according to BattleScribe at least.

Lucky for me I just use the Dex then :P I'm genuinely intrigued that in this Battlescribe version of list building TH/RB seems reasonable yet a RB and a Shield isn't. Seems knightly and what GW intended (see what I did there :lol: )

Again, lucky I use GWs rules ;)

To be fair, I think that if we did ever get FAQd, TDA Masters would get nerfed, just because of the history of GWs FAQ process...mostly bad ones, but a few good changes.

The whole Terminator weapons list is silly as many of the options are doubly listed in the few units that can take them (Interrogators and Libbies) soooo many weird options.

Sorry Stobz, but if you have already replaced "his chainsword with a relic blade," then you no longer possess the required "bolt pistol, chainsword, frag and krak grenades" to take "terminator armor, storm bolter and power sword." That is in the printed copy. No FAQ is required. Sorry to be such a rules lawyer, but in my gaming circle my opponents notice such things.

Archived