BloodKlaw's Great Company - Work In Progress

BloodKlaw

Good evening,

I have been gaming since i was about 12, and i have had lots of different Armies. From Orks, to Dwarfs, to Squats.

My boy came along just over 4 years ago, and needs must i had to sell everything, one to make space and two for the cash.

Last year i bumped back into an old friend that i used to play 40k with at school, and before i knew it, i was back looking at a new Army to start, He was collecting Imperial Guard and Dark Angels.

I love character and something a little different, and after a few weeks i settled on Space Wolves and set to building an Army.

I am going to use this thread to keep a progress of how my work is coming along.  I am not the best painter and modeller in the work, but i can get by.

All comments welcome.

I came into a little money, so built up quite a collection of boxes to get me started.  My friend was sitting at about 3 thousand points, so i was looking to get that level, so we could be different sizes of games.

I started with a few Warrior of the fang box's, some long fangs and a few tanks.  I bought about 7 tins of fang spray and undercoated everything, even part of the table

Basecoated with Fang Spray

and this is  what everything looks like so far, i have also bought a load more models ;-)

Wolf Guard

Wolf Lord

Vindie

THunderwolves

SkyClaws

Nija

Long Fangs

Landraider

Iron Wolf

Grey Hunters

Grey Hunters 2

Blood Claws

Bjon  & The Trickster

Stormfang

Cool wolves! Looks like the knight in the back has a very cool color scheme, as well.

I have 2 knights so far.

The first Is an Iron Wolf, i bought the parts from Shapeways in the USA, very please with that.

The other is from my Imperial Fist army, i painted it in the Hawkshroud color scheme to match my Imperial fist army, which i am now trying to sell

Iron Wolf

I went to shapeways.com to pick up the custom bits for my Iron Wolf

Iron Wolf (2)

Iron Wolf 1

Iron Wolf 5

Iron Wolf 4

The parts come in robust plastic resin.  i think it would be very hard to chip or break them (should know i dropped the head twice, nearly broke my heart).

I bought the Shoulder Guards, 2 heads, the Power fist cover, and the Frost Cannon.  Every part fits in perfect, so neat. i can't praise the parts more for detail.

There is some very light scribing detail which i thought might be covered when i sprayed them.

But i could not be more wrong, i built the main body without the arms and shoulder guards. and undercoated them with the Fang spray.

Iron Wolf 0

It covered well and gave me a good base to paint the Iron Wolf.

Iron Wolf

I bought a scenic base for this and my Stormfang,  I just need to add a little more detail on the Iron Wolf and paint the base.

• 2 weeks later...

I almost finished my Terminators, just a few little details to pick out

Terminators3

Terminators1

Terminators

Terminator Wolf Guard

I am getting close to finishing all my Great Company, and i am looking forward to painting a different colour :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Spaceport/Landing Pad

Spaceport/landing Pad

Spaceport/Landing Pad 2

I picked up part of the old Warhammer Siege Fortress and was wondering what to do with it.  I had a Landing pad sitting to be built and thought it would be cool to combine the two.

So this is what i have come up with so far,  I am going to add a Lift to the open side with a Loading Crane on top.  Still a lot of work to do, filling in cracks, and moulding the board so its not so flat.

First time using Blue Stuff,  Its amazing, I moulded the Mech Head detail from one of the wall panels and attached it to the side of the fort, very please with how this worked out, I am now going to be mould a lod of other details to add to the structure.

I will add more Pictures as the work progresses,  all comments welcome as always

• 3 weeks later...
Finished, done, complete, Thank all that is good..

I painted my last space wolves tonight, the last Grey i am painting for a while

Time to maybe move onto something else ;-)

• 3 months later...
With all the new Space Wolves release i will be adding a few more units to my Great Company

Here is my Battle Tank,  just a few Wolf symbols and Oaths to add it i am calling it done

20160320 155319

20160320 220103

Archived