Iron Warriors (2000pt)

Skrall

So been a while since i looked into horus heresy and it's changed enough to make me want to build an army.

So lets start with the basics... what the hell am I actually going to build. It isn't designed for competative play, just to looks friggin awesome on the battlefield.

Army list; AoD FoC

Iron Warriors legion

+HQ+

Erasmus Golg

175pts

+Elite+ 560pts

Contemptor, assault cannon

Contemptor, additonal combat weapon, havoc launcher

Contemptor Mortis, twin assault cannones

+Troops+ 810pts

Tyrant Terminator squad, chainfist

Tyrant Terminator squad, chainfist

Legion Terminator squad, sgt with twin lightning claws, chain fist, heavy flamer

+Lord of War+

Pertuarbo

Total 2000pts.

Ok so yeah, i'd get dismantled in your standard 30k game but i think it's going to be a very cool looking army list.

-skrall

I'm guessing that you're running "Pride of the Legion" Skrall?

Yeah, it means i'll be sacrifing massive points in any game but it'll be looking pretty mint. The ability to roll for reserves turn one will at least give me a solid chance to make those models count.

It also works out far cheaper in terms of model count, but i suspect i might be adjusting the list for a siege dreadnought as golg is pretty redundant with pertuarbo (asides from the hammer of wrath)

-skrall

If you don't take a Rite of War, he works with Perturabo quite well! Take 2 squads of Legion Terminators for your Troops (thanks to Golg) and take Siege Tyrants as you see fit. Then everyone can Teleport in, starting from Turn 1!

You basically get some of the benefits of Orbital Strike without any of the penalties. You can actually adjust the list a lot based off those core models.

If you don't take a Rite of War, he works with Perturabo quite well! Take 2 squads of Legion Terminators for your Troops (thanks to Golg) and take Siege Tyrants as you see fit. Then everyone can Teleport in, starting from Turn 1!

You basically get some of the benefits of Orbital Strike without any of the penalties. You can actually adjust the list a lot based off those core models.

Aye i might skip the right of war as make the list a little more interesting;

Army list; AoD FoC

Iron Warriors legion

+HQ+

Erasmus Golg

175pts

+Elite+ 650pts

Legion Dreadought, flamestorm cannon, dreadnought drop pod

Legion Dreadought, multimelta, dreadnought drop pod

Legion Contemptors, assault cannon, dreadnought drop pod

+Troops+ 720pts

Tyrant Terminator squad, chainfist, 2x combi-melta

Legion Terminator squad, plasma blaster,

Legion Terminator squad, sgt with twin lightning claws, chain fist, heavy flamer

+Lord of War+

Pertuarbo

Total 2000pts.

In this case there's no deployment, but i can bring in two drop pods straight away, then roll for the third along with the other terminators. While this does give me a reduced amount of fire power and armour it gives me a lot more flexibility. The flamestorm in a drop pod could prove especially devistating if used right.

what do we think?

-skrall

I believe he must take the RoW because Golg's ability reads, "Terminator Attack: Legion Terminator squads may be taken as Troops choice in an army with Erasmus Golg as its Warlord." and with Perturabo in the force, Perturabo would become the warlord. This would mean that the Termies wouldn't be able to be Troops choices without the RoW.

Archived