Add a Librarian or more bodies to the Sanguinary Guard?

Quixus

I have two ideas for a wrecking ball unit

1:

+++ New Roster (661pts) +++

++ Blood Angels: Codex (2014) (Baal Strike Force) (661pts) ++

+ HQ (211pts) +

Librarian (105pts) [bolt Pistol, Force Weapon, Frag and Krak grenades, Jump pack, Psychic Hood, Psyker (ML2)]

Sanguinary Priest (106pts) [Additional Weapon, Blood Chalice, Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Frag and Krak grenades, Narthecium, The Angel's Wing]
····Valour's Edge [Melee weapon]

+ Elites (230pts) +

Sanguinary Guard Squad (230pts) [2x Angelus Boltgun, Artificer Armour, Chapter Banner, 4x Encarmine Sword, Frag and Krak grenades, 3x Inferno Pistol, Power Fist, 5x Sanguinary Guard]

+ Lords of War (220pts) +

Commander Dante, Chapter Master of the Blood Angels (220pts) [Death Mask of Sanguinius, Frag and Krak grenades, Inferno Pistol, Iron Halo, The Axe Mortalis, Warlord Trait: Descent of Angels]

2:

+++ New Roster (665pts) +++

++ Blood Angels: Codex (2014) (Baal Strike Force) (665pts) ++

+ HQ (106pts) +

Sanguinary Priest (106pts) [Additional Weapon, Blood Chalice, Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Frag and Krak grenades, Narthecium, The Angel's Wing]
····Valour's Edge [Melee weapon]

+ Elites (339pts) +

Sanguinary Guard Squad (339pts) [5x Angelus Boltgun, Artificer Armour, Chapter Banner, 6x Encarmine Sword, Frag and Krak grenades, 3x Inferno Pistol, 2x Power Fist, 8x Sanguinary Guard]

+ Lords of War (220pts) +

Commander Dante, Chapter Master of the Blood Angels (220pts) [Death Mask of Sanguinius, Frag and Krak grenades, Inferno Pistol, Iron Halo, The Axe Mortalis, Warlord Trait: Descent of Angels]

So should I go with more bodies or with the librarian for added survivability/punch? Also should I remove some of the inferno pistols? Having a good chance of popping a transport before charging in seems a good idea. I don't think you can surround a transport completely with only  8-10 models to destroy the passengers that way.

Imagine if you got rage or the 5++ on this squad. Wonderful.

Wings could even help get to Melta range turn one and pop a transport.

Beam only helps popping armour.

Fear isn't too bad either for clearing the chaff, as is blood boil!

Archived