Vanguard loadout

EesiOh

Now im thinking about the potential of deep striking such a versatile set of weapons relatively accurately (given Descent of Angels/The Angel's Wing). Deep striking flamer templates has always been a love for blood angels. And having inferno pistols in tow means that you can also go for vehicles, so you aren't forced to avoid tanks/walkers or hordes of infantry depending on what pistols you chose. And if you get charged the turn you deep strike in, you'll have flamer templates to hopefully swing things in your favor before anyone gets to attack.

I think most are prohibitely expensive in a way (although not much more than PW/SS) that's why I like hand flamers. Plus the template rules really help as you fire them ALL at the same time, so ten to twenty templates.

Even against 5 Marines ten templates causes about 6 unsaved wounds, then you can charge.

What do you want to charge after that?tongue.png

I magnetize my VV so i can test some weapon loadouts in the future. The Grav Pistols are the most appealing to me.

In the Archangels Sanguine Wing i will take 3 SS per 10 Man and ad 1-2 Grav Pistols with Power Axes (sweet free pws) to the party.

hand flamer + inferno pistol: can threaten every type of unit in the game and both weapons synergize further by having the same range (if you can fire one, you can fire both)

Interesting.

5 Vanguard, 5 inferno pistols 5 hand flamers. Drop pod/jump packs. 

5 tmplates at once to clear the chaff, then 5 meltas into the survivors. Assassination squad?

Again, nothing Sternguard cannot do for cheaper, but might be interesting.

Equip them with packs and they are like mini MM/HF land speeders.

hand flamer + inferno pistol: can threaten every type of unit in the game and both weapons synergize further by having the same range (if you can fire one, you can fire both)

Interesting.

5 Vanguard, 5 inferno pistols 5 hand flamers. Drop pod/jump packs. 

5 tmplates at once to clear the chaff, then 5 meltas into the survivors. Assassination squad?

Again, nothing Sternguard cannot do for cheaper, but might be interesting.

Equip them with packs and they are like mini MM/HF land speeders.

But what they CAN do better is assault (and be able to shoot their special weapons unlimited times). Being more relevant in more phases of the game is never a bad thing in my opinion

The other thing that's really good about dual pistolero's is that if you deep strike or use a formation for deep striking you have a huge amount of fire on your turn. Given that you kind of just sit there for a turn, seems like a good idea for mowing the field.

Angel's wrath seems suited very well for this. Drop down massive S4 from meteoric strikes and then pummel your enemies with high volume firepower.

The other thing that's really good about dual pistolero's is that if you deep strike or use a formation for deep striking you have a huge amount of fire on your turn. Given that you kind of just sit there for a turn, seems like a good idea for mowing the field.

Angel's wrath seems suited very well for this. Drop down massive S4 from meteoric strikes and then pummel your enemies with high volume firepower.

This is exactly what I'm doing :)

Assault dudes will have flamers / hand flamers too. Just overload the dice. People can have fun charging the Vanguard for 10 D3 S3 hits haha

I am contemplating more along the line of gunslinging. I love the idea of it! Even my captain rolls around with a grav pistol/plasma pistol with a command squad most times. I'd love to start using VV as a gunslinging squad more often just because of my captain :P Dual hand flamers definitely seem legit! My fear though is that they would do too much damage if I was looking to charge something. Maybe a squad of 5 with BP/HF? And for monster hunters Grav/Plas loadouts? Of course the usual one or two storm shields in each squad. Just trying to think of ways to make it viable and fun! I don't care about competitiveness of it all. Hahah.

Archived