How many bodies in a RW command Squad

Ipos

Is it best to max the command squad out to take full advantage of the apothecary/ protect the banner or do you save some of those points for a black knight squad and make the enemy split focus?

at 40 points a body it can become quite the investment.

If you don't max it where how many bodies do you think is a good fit for a Command Squad? or Black Knights for that matter.

Depends on game points

If I take one its never less than 5 with apothecary & Champion

1500 I struggle to get more than 5 then your looking at would beefing up the HQ on a Bike add more to the squad than spending on another bike

1750 is fine plenty of wiggle room at that and 1850 just go Max

If you are going for the command squad, you should be maxing out. The reason to take it over the regular black knight squad is access to the apothecary and banners. It makes those investments more worthwhile with more bodies. Even better if you put an IC with bike in there.

To go with my MoR Int. Chaplain, I use 6 knights, Apothecary, Champion and Rw banner with grenade launcher. Bit expensive, but makes the enemy devote a LOT of fire at it instead of the rest of my army. 3+ rerollable jinks with FNP means that non-cover ignoring weapons will bounce off.

For the command squad, I have a rule of thumb for the bare minimum I want . More characters, more bodies on a 1:1 proportion at least.

So if you have just 1 the 3 minimum is enough for a command squad. If you have 2 characters, then the squad has to be minimum 4 models, more if you can afford it points wise. If you have the 3 or more characters, then 6 is the squad size I want, because any less and after just one casualty characters start dying...

Archived