POTMS

Riedler

Your intention is unclear. Do you mean:

Q1) Do I allocate targets simultaneously?

OR 

Q2) Do I resolve the shots simultaneously?

The answer to both is yes. As per the shooting rules, all shooting happens simultaneously. You pick a unit, declare what that unit is shooting at, then resolve that shooting.

Although, there is some ambiguity in the wording of the POTMS rule, which is why you ask the question.

I personally consider it gentlemanly to declare what you are going to POTMS before you shoot. It's kind of a douche move to see if your other weapons hit or kill a vehicle, then fire another weapon - You are expressly forbidden from doing this with one shot weapons.

Your intention is unclear. Do you mean:

Q1) Do I allocate targets simultaneously?

OR 

Q2) Do I resolve the shots simultaneously?

The answer to both is yes. As per the shooting rules, all shooting happens simultaneously. You pick a unit, declare what that unit is shooting at, then resolve that shooting.

Although, there is some ambiguity in the wording of the POTMS rule, which is why you ask the question.

I personally consider it gentlemanly to declare what you are going to POTMS before you shoot. It's kind of a douche move to see if your other weapons hit or kill a vehicle, then fire another weapon - You are expressly forbidden from doing this with one shot weapons.

Actually all shooting does not happen simultaneously. The shooting of all weapons of one type occurs simultaneously, different weapons shoot one after the other.

The standard rules only say you pick one target after selecting the shooting unit. POTMS does not say when the weapon that uses POTMS selects its target, nor does it specify in which order the normal shots and the POTMS shots are to be resolved. Just clear it up with your group or (futilely) hope for an erratum

Archived