the new ravenguard and they synergy with us

aura_enchanted

i found a really broken combo for fighting against low ld armies like orks or guardsmen or some ld 7-8 armies out there. i thought id share:

shadowstrike killteam + shrike (since neither army can produce a better jump infantry HQ as good at cc than shrike)

dark angels librarius conclave with a jump librarian running interomancy

use interromancy magics to lower a targets leadership, then use shrikes new warlord traits table letting his unit ignore overwatch attempts on an enemy ld test (with a -2 modifier) to simply charge in. units with 7 leadership afflicted by say sap will are going to take a leadership to overwatch with a -5 modifier collectively, in addition you can grant the shadowstrike team rage RAGE thats d3 additional attacks to veteran vanguard.

in maps where the enemy cant really be next to each other all the time the enemy cant do much to avoid not getting charged and then not being able to simply wait for it to end and shoot the kill team to death before they can do more damage, this has the potential to daisy chain like crazy out of proportion

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but can't you achieve the same thing (deny overwatch) with a dark shroud for much cheaper?

I am interested in running with your idea though - does the new formation neg leadership? I can see that working really well with seed of fear, and/or trephination. So I think there certainly is some potential synergy there, just maybe not for denying overwatch

The Interomancy power says Fear Morale and Pinning on 3D6 not Leadership so no buff on the Raven Helm

The Raven Rule says Fear test on 3D6 as well ? so not sure what the Synergy is it though we both can get a load of cover saves DS works well with the Conclave

Anyways don't have access to much of the Raven stuff so maybe something in there

The battle demi company looks interesting (Pinion) if your running a double Demi you could get Free Land Speeder Storms for all your scouts ! wonder how that would work out?

Looks to be viable with a bit of thinking going into it 

The Interomancy power says Fear Morale and Pinning on 3D6 not Leadership so no buff on the Raven Helm

The Raven Rule says Fear test on 3D6 as well ? so not sure what the Synergy is it though we both can get a load of cover saves DS works well with the Conclave

Anyways don't have access to much of the Raven stuff so maybe something in there

The battle demi company looks interesting (Pinion) if your running a double Demi you could get Free Land Speeder Storms for all your scouts ! wonder how that would work out?

Looks to be viable with a bit of thinking going into it 

sap will is -3 to leadership and it can be brought to bear with a jump librarian (its the primaris too so you automatically get it regardless of circumstances), if your charging through cover you get an additional -2, while the DS is a good option and a way of having an insurance policy against passed leaderships or units that can just elect to pass their leadership or re-roll. you need to have it in position ahead of time but thats why i view it as an insurance policy

Archived