Hello brothers,

well I have stepped back from this game for a while, since I did not have a time, nor I have found interest in bringing all the toys just to realize I can pack them back into boxes due to some new GW rule sets.

However I have an intention to get back and play some games with my plastic soldiers and throw some dices :)

The question I have what would be the most competitive all-rounded list that BA can dish out while following is taken into account;

A) FW units allowed ( I have lot of toys from them)

cool.png Formations limited to 1

C) All the fancy names (named chars)

D) 1850 format

E) Allies too

Thank you brothers for you help/comments/opinions

~BT

Hello brothers,

nor I have found interest in bringing all the toys just to realize I can pack them back into boxes due to some new GW rule sets.

If this is the case, then can I ask why you are interested in "competition driven" 40k?

Blood Angels have a weaker codex than other marine codexes due to being a 7th ed design test bed. 

Play Maelstrom missions and I feel we can do well due to lots of fast potentially scoring units.

Hello brothers,

nor I have found interest in bringing all the toys just to realize I can pack them back into boxes due to some new GW rule sets.

If this is the case, then can I ask why you are interested in "competition driven" 40k?

Blood Angels have a weaker codex than other marine codexes due to being a 7th ed design test bed. 

Play Maelstrom missions and I feel we can do well due to lots of fast potentially scoring units.

Well BA are my chapter that I have chosen years back, I am not willing to move a long the power creep for C: Red Marines, yet I do wonder how competitive BA can get. Since in my gaming group people tend to get very strong lists, not the VAAC type of lists, however very well rounded and competitive. Therefore if I want to have any fun, I must come up with something solid :)

It's a pretty broad question... Maybe we should start with which models you have available, and/or which units you like. There are many good 1850 lists you could make from the codex using different units...

Dante + Sanguinary Guard + Priest or Libby is popular

Also Libby Dreads

Death Company w/ jump packs + Chaplain / Astorath

Fragioso dreads in pods

Melta assault squads in pods

Flamer tactical squads in pods

Stormravens are still good

Fast Vindicators

As for Forge World I would say Sicaran battle tanks and Deredeo Dreadnoughts.

I haven't seen an actual BA Formation that excites me that much, I'm more interested in allying the superior Skyhammer and Shadowstrike Kill Team.

Thank you very much for the directions Luther !

Think my general direction would be either; going heavy on FW units, or going BA and skyhammer or the new RG formation that allows assault after DS

How good is Skyhammer formations? What list you run it with?

Skyhammer + Shadowstrike (the RG formation you mentioned) together would be very powerful!

However, not really Blood Angels ;)

That said, you could argue that CAD blood angels aren't really blood angels, as they lack red thirst.

Multiple 5 man units of death co,

Sanguinary guard, dante. Priest with Veritas Vitae, unless you are using Dante

I do wonder if the bonuses do stack from SH and SS formations, meaning; no overwatch for charging Van Vets assuming Devs did hit the unit that VVs are going to charge?

On the other hand, getting both formations, could mean almost no BA presence, moreover I do feel in serious tournaments you are limited to 1 formation.

Skyhammer + Shadowstrike (the RG formation you mentioned) together would be very powerful!

However, not really Blood Angels ;)

That said, you could argue that CAD blood angels aren't really blood angels, as they lack red thirst.

Multiple 5 man units of death co,

Sanguinary guard, dante. Priest with Veritas Vitae, unless you are using Dante

Sorry meant to say - those formations in support of a Baal Strike Force (and painted red of course ;) )

As I've said before, 7th Ed is about mix & match. The OP said he wants something competitive and there may be a need to embrace allies / formations in order to achieve that. Plus he mentioned them specifically.

Not sure what the two formations weigh in at points-wise, the BSF may need to just be 2x Scouts, Elite of choice and HQ to match (priest if SG, chaplain if DC etc)

Archived