Deathstorm Troops

Sir Perfluous

I was perusing the Shield of Baal: Deathstorm campaign supplement t'other day, as one does, and noticed something interesting. While Captin Karalaen is an HQ and the Terminator squad is an elite, both the Death Company and Cassor the DC Dreadnought are listed as being troops. Within the campaign the supplement describes, this makes sense, or the aspiring Blood Angel player's first army would be nothing but elites. My question, though, is whether this could be applied to other, non-deathstorm, armies. Could I have a DC Dread. use Cassor's stats and use him as a Troop choice? Could I have DC as troops?(!) And if so, where does it all end? Can I say that all my DC squads are Troops and murder absolutely everything? 

This seems like a pretty big loophole, so I'm sure there's something somewhere that will spoil my fun, but I just want to get it confirmed. 

Thank you.

Both Cassor and Raphen's death company are troops choices in a blood angels army.

They are just data sheets for the BA faction. Theyre just not found in the codex :)

I think both of them have "unique" in the entry, meaning one per army. So no duplicates.

Enjoy your troop Dread and DC.

Thanks for the replies, and for clearing that up. I suppose it was too big a potential loophole to be lef unrestricted! I don't actually have a DC dread at the minute (though it's nearly Christmas, so I'm hopeful) but by coincidence (and unoriginality) I do have a boringly kitted out DC squad which fits the Raphen bill, so I'll definitly be using that. Even a rubbish DC squad is better than another tactical squad!

Thanks again!

Yeah, while Rafen's isn't your standard DC loadout, it is very good still. It excels at taking out elite units and as Rafen is a character he can challenge which is always handy, especially with his 2W.

They do great at killing back field, could even deep strike them as a distraction :)

Plus, objectives secured in a CAD!

I do have a boringly kitted out DC squad which fits the Raphen bill, so I'll definitly be using that. 

Remember, the unit has to be exactly as it says in the Raphen entry.

Only "Raphen" and "Cassor" are troops choices, exactly as in their listings.

Just double-checked - Raphen is the Marine who heads up the death company squad in the Deathstorm campaign, Rafen was sent to assassinate Fabius Bile. It would seem that GW has somehow run out of names. It isn't like they have the entirety of Biblical text to provide inspiration or anything...

Archived