DA Vet Command squad Apothecary weapons.

One_happy_hippy

Just in the process of tooling up a Vets Command Squad with Grav Guns, Apothecary and banner of relentlessness for max grav spam. Can I give the Apothecary a grav gun too in his non Narthecium hand?

I'm sure I have seen this discussed in this forum but I'm damned if I can find it on this wretched phone.

Thanks

This has been discussed (many times) in the Official Rules sub-forum.

It's even answered in the Official Rules Index - here.

The answer may be for Codex: Space Marines, but it holds true for all of the divergent chapters as well.

Rule is when your buying wargear it depends in which order you do it

Any Veteran may buy a grav gun - give them all grav guns

1 Veteran may carry a Standard - give the Guy a Standard

1 Veteran can be upgraded to an Apothecary - so transform the veteran with the standard and the Grav gun into a Medic

of course if you choose to upgrade 1 veteran to an Apothecary first you cant do it ;)

I have seen it said that this is cheesing the system but the mechanism is like this in all the Marine books and hasn't changed since last edition so it looks clearly intended tho how an apothecary can wave a flag shoot a grave gun while sticking needles into the rest of his squad for some good old drug top is kind of silly.

The Apothecary gets a holy bolt pistol and close combat weapon. That's it. No more, no less.

I'm sure searching the site for something on a phone is tedious, Happy Hippy, so no worries happy.png.

Thank you very much, Dam13n, for the link biggrin.png! I've been looking for that, too.

Page 113 just says one Veteran can be upgraded & gets a Narthecium

Page 154 say if you have a Narthecium you get FNP

No swapping anything out in this edition

its kind of the same with the RWCS. If you upgrade one BK to apo. he doesnt lose his corvus hammer or bolt pistol

Page 113 just says one Veteran can be upgraded & gets a Narthecium

Page 154 say if you have a Narthecium you get FNP

No swapping anything out in this edition

I'm a bit confused by these pages. Not the content of the pages but why they're referenced here confused.gif.

Anyway, you are correct when you say the Apothecary can't swap out differing weapon load-outs.

I play it as once upgraded to an Apothecary he can't change anything. Correct?

Otherwise you could upgrade the Champ and give him extras.

As for the Standard Bearer, you can give him more goodies because he is still a Vet. Note that he is not a character, the Apothecary and Champion are.

Another example is the Deathwing Squad vs the Deathwing Command Squad. The Basic Deathwing Squad has "Any model may" for things like the LC and Thunder Hammer, but the Command Squad doesn't. If you have Sgt in that squad you can't give him a Thunder Hammer and be a Sgt. But you could give him a Hammer and leave him as a Deathwing Terminator. Almost the same effect except the Sergeant is a Character and is more restricted in this case.

Archived