Command Squad, Champion model or modify?

Paikis

OK, so I'm planning on running a shooty (3x plasma, 3x SS) command squad with Meph in a drop pod/rhino, and I've finally started assembly/building the models and Im somewhat stuck on the champion model. The champion does have a more-or-less unique model, with the shield icon on his chest and a set of damn-fine shoulder-pads, but none of it has any BA icons on it. I do have a BA upgrade pack, so I could use some of those bits to BA-ify my champion...

Anyways, this thread is basically a request for opinions: Build him as-is with the kit parts, or make him as follows:

Legs/chest with the little blood-drop windows from the Death Company kit shown top left here, sword and combat shield from the CS kit, one shoulder from CS kit, other from upgrade kit (top middle pad shown here).

I had planned on building this whole squad with parts from the BA tactical/DC boxes I already have, but figured I'd buy the kit for the apothecary... and now I'm stuck with this decision re: the champion.

So... opinions? Does anyone have some pictures of their champions to share?

Definitely use the DC legs with the blood drop windows. Also I'd select an appropriate left shoulder pauldron from the upgrade kit. I'd also be tempted to use one of their chest pieces too. Give him the sanguinary dagger too for cool points.

The helm with the crest on it looks good too, or simply put the blood drop crest atop the crusader style helm for champions.

Archived