Thousand Sons

CommissarHughes

It's quite old, from back when Prospero was intended as the third book. When prompted, at one of the 2013 FW events, a sculptor showed this WIP/test sculpt. That's also when - I think - we first heard about them sketching out Ahriman's model.

More recently though (July FW event), a B&C poster mentioned that Alan was pretty affirmative that we'd see the TS upgrade kits "some time in September". Obviously that didn't quite pan out, but it's just a question of time. I imagine they'll be present at February's event.

If you want to go the forgeworld route of thousand sons, it's pretty strait forward to convert the Betrayal at Calth marines to that style.

If you get started, this is an easy way to have a core for your army ready by the time the upgrade packs, and specific unit get released alongside Inferno (hopefully) next year.

Here are mine from BaC with some minor green stuff work:

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/07c5bcaf-9e60-4c6f-b22f-abc1f708d6c2.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/fb91b6b5-610f-4345-a271-bc71d31799a4.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/55d968ff-6ed9-48bb-82c0-9e2fdf6b81db.jpg

Yup, that's my exact plan with the BaC box.

Athrawes, how did you do the small holes on the shoulders? I've been thinking about how to do those most effectively, just starting out with mine now. Just a drill and GS or?

No. No it can't be.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO RESIST THE TEMPTATION!

You dont.

...and I had everything planned and sorted. grumblegrumblegrumble...

I'm planning to make all my sorcerers fancy and blinged out. I feel that they should have a sort of ambience or visual draw to them that marks them out from their non psychic or latent brethren.

Humor me for this incredibly silly notion, but if I were a sorcerer, I'd be incredibly ambitious and use my sect/cult/chapter to whatever ends I wish. I'd make sure they know who dang well I am. I'd likely still care for my "lesser" brethren, but they'd be tools in my arsenal.

I'm a real "A" type black knight personality :P I'd make for a dang good sorcerer or ambitious WB chaplain.

I think there is a difference in personalities there between them.

The captain that i can't remember the name of, that was the leader of the raptora pyrae(the guy that "drove" the titan in the battle for prospero)...I could imagine him with a very archaic armour and "blinged out" generally. Though I can't imagine Ignis from the Ahriman series having a very flamboyant armour set back in the heresy...

I'd say it's all up to their characters and how big their egos are...

[Edit]: How tired was I when I wrote this post? Several spelling errors and I even got the cult name wrong!

I was going to include fluff with one of my TS characters that the older cult member swears that the younger, ambitious sorcerer would have been slotted for the IIIrd legion had that member not witnessed the sorcerers birth on Prosperous, automatically making him a Thousand Son :P

Archived