Proposing a dataslate @ GW tv

Master Avoghai

Well guys I've recently seen this topic on BoLS that just raise my attention...

It's not often that GW asks for suggestion and even if there's little to no chance I'm the kind of guy who think that the one who does nothing can never expect gaining something..

Sooooo I was wondering what kind of dataslates I could propose. I've actually the idea of a gladius/LB-like detachment for the BA as I feel really sad for our Abgels of Death brothers but then i think of a second proposals for my beloved DA.

I've noticed that, in a way, the Lion's blade allows you to play every unit in the codex. Wether it's a techmarine or a Darkshroud, every unit has its place in a formation provinding you pay for the other compulsory models to play them. EVERY entry... Except one : the RW black nights.

There's absolutely no formations inclunding them. Some will say it's because giving the opportunity to overwatch at full BS with a TLPG is waaaay OP... I'd say that knowing GW, it's not a reason that would stop them (wraithknight formation anyone? :rolleyes:

So I've thought of a formation that could be included in a Lion's Blade but would be costly enough, not to be an auto include in a full company army.

So here's what I've thought of :

Knight Hunters fomation :

1-2 Deathwing Knights squads

1-2 Ravenwing Black Knights squads

Restrictions : The Ravenwing knights squads must contain at least 5 models.

Special Rules :

Hunt data : if a squad of Deathwing knights of this formation enter via Deepstrike using the teleport homer of the Ravenwing knights of the same formation, they may charge the same turn.

The idea is to gather the most retentless hunters of the chapter into one formation to capture or eliminate a menace that should not be revealed to the rest of their brothers

By forcing the player to field 5 bikers, I've raised the minimal cost of the formation.

Ive given the "charge when DS" to the Knights because it's something we see more and more.

You'll notice there's no such rule as "summon to war" hence making the arrival of the knights still random.

Finally it's not THAT different from paying them a LR since they arrive at charge range turn 2 within 6" from their "transport" that can be destroyed the sane way a LR is...

This would actually leave the opportunity to play LR as dedicated transport for the knights though the tax is high (taking 5 RWBK) and you lose the point of the special rule. But it's still possible.

Do you think it's really too strong for the Lion's Blade?

Is there something unclear is the wording?

Should I add the compulsory Deep strike for the knights in the restriction?

Is their any mispelling? (English is not my native language)

Have you a better name for "hunt data" (I want to say that the DS datas from the BK are so good tgat the DWK arrive right on target to get it)

I like the idea. I'm sure I would use it. happy.png Alone for having the option to let the knights charge in the same turn as when they arrive.

But to be fair, I think for Lions Blade it may be to strong, giving full BS overwatch with plasma weapon.

My topic suggestion for the Advent Calendar is, "Building and Painting *ALL* of Shabbadoo's Unbuilt and Unpainted Models".  That ought to keep them busy for the entirety of the Advent Calendar season, and cater to players of most of the 40K armies. :D

My topic suggestion for the Advent Calendar is, "Building and Painting *ALL* of Shabbadoo's Unbuilt and Unpainted Models". That ought to keep them busy for the entirety of the Advent Calendar season, and cater to players of most of the 40K armies. :D

here's a better idea, you get down to painting your backlog

My topic suggestion for the Advent Calendar is, "Building and Painting *ALL* of Shabbadoo's Unbuilt and Unpainted Models". That ought to keep them busy for the entirety of the Advent Calendar season, and cater to players of most of the 40K armies. :D

Well you know that "advent calendar" means only 24 days? Not 365 :D

Sure, go ahead and ruin my "It's all about me! ME!!!" moment.  :p

How about, "How to Model and Paint Dark Angels Inner Cirlce Honour Guard".

Owen: "But there is no such unit of models."

Me: "Exactly!!! You need to fix that stupidity!"

Suggestion :

Sword of Redemption

1-2 HQ w/ Deathwing rule

2-6 Deathwing Terminator

0-1 Deathwing Command Squad

0-2 Deathwing Knights

0-2 Venerable Dreadnought

Punish Strike : All terminator armoured models without transport must deepstrike on turn 1 or 2 (player must decide when deploying units). Depstriking units may shoot and run or run and shoot the turn they arrive. Dreadnoughts deepstrike as per normal drop pod rules, but may shoot and run or run and shoot.

Lion's Spearhead : Land Raiders of any type chosen as Transport get a 4++ invunerable save if there is any other Land Raider within 6".

Archived