Venator's Blood Angels - WIP!

Venator

Thanks for all the kind words guys.  The Dreadnought shall survive to fight another battle...I should hopefully have him finished by tomorrow so I will post some pictures.

I quite like the red on your libby dread.

Where, may I ask, did you get that display cabinet? I've wanted something similar for a while now. Does it have lights built in?

Its from Ikea - Detolf.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10119206/

Does anyone have any thoughts on my list?  I'm just about ready to order the last Razorback and FW goodies....

For your convenience and mine:

HQ

Librarian Dreadnought

Troops

Tactical Squad 5 Men

Combi flamer

Heavy Flamer

Razorback with Assault Cannon.

Tactical Squad 5 Men

Meltagun/Multimelta <-----I cant decide!

Combi melta

Razorback with Assault Cannon.

Do you think this is a good building block?

I'm planning on then adding a Sicaran with armoured ceramite, bumping the Dread to Lvl 2 with a heavy flamer.  I'd also give him a Lucius drop pod to ride in! That should take me to 750.... 

I wouldn't take the multi-melta in a razorback. When disempbarking the guy with the multi-melta has to move and so would only get snapshots.

If you are facing many I4 enemies, I would take an elites choice ASAP. That way you can make a BSF and get I5 on the charge. That's great against MEQ,

At 500 points you do not really have room for DC unless you radically alter your list. Going from 500 to 750 points you could add 7 JP DC with a power fist and a power weapon (maul or sword) in addition to the Lucius Drop Pod.

You might also want to post your list in the BA Army List Forum, you might get more and better advice.

No photos tonight I'm afraid.  My internet seems to be rather slow tonight.  I shall post some tomorrow with any luck.

I've managed to get the last four tactical marines primed, sprayed Mephiston Red and blocked out the major colours.  I've also started inking the recesses.  I've tidied up the ink on two of them now as well.

On the Dreadnought front I've got the first coat of white sprayed on ready for the zenithal highlights.

I also got a steal on eBay today.  £50 for a Realm of Battle board that only has a thin coat of primer on!!!  I'm over the moon with that deal.  Its never been used, still has all the connectors and the case!!!

Archived