Does the Furioso magna grapple fit the AOBR dreadnought?

appiah4

As title asks.. I have a spare AOBR dreadnought, and might consider turning him into the Deathstorm Troops DC Dread (I forgot its name..) but would it be worth ordering the magna grapple bits?  Do they fit the AOBR body?  Has anybody tried or could someone try and see for me?

One Mk V Dreadnought is much the same as the next, the magna-grapple is just a plate that sits on top.

I seem to remember the AOBR Dread had ever so slightly different dimensions in places, but only by 0.5mm or something. You might need to shave the plate slightly, or fill a small gap, but it should be close enough.

Just tested this.

The answer is yes and no.

There's certainly room for the magna-grapple, but the top of the AoBR dread is completely different so it doesn't snap on the way it does on a proper dread kit or even seem to stay in place (I added extra weight to the front of mine to make it look like its firing so don't know if it would fall forwards without that modification).

A little greenstuff to the bottom of the magna-grapple to fill in the gaps should make it fit fine.

Just tested this.

The answer is yes and no.

There's certainly room for the magna-grapple, but the top of the AoBR dread is completely different so it doesn't snap on the way it does on a proper dread kit or even seem to stay in place (I added extra weight to the front of mine to make it look like its firing so don't know if it would fall forwards without that modification).

A little greenstuff to the bottom of the magna-grapple to fill in the gaps should make it fit fine.

If you could provide just one photo of the fit I would be very grateful :)

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but what about the Venerable Dreadnought?

Yep. Maybe not with the open canopy though.

You mean the MK IV look? Too bad, I guess I will have to build a grappling hook myself.

Id check for you but both of my Venerable dudes have extra stuff on top. If it helps, It fits with some extra armour on, resting, albeit with a gap.

Archived