+Death From Above+ Bleeding Eye Raptor 1 Finished

Noctem Cultor

Hail all,

Noctem back with a project, Bleeding Eye Raptor Cult!
Although it will slowly grow I thought I'd post progress of a Swooping Raptor based of off IMO the most Iconic Raptor pose in their artwork.

So using the basic Raptor box set I cut away two choice legs from two separate leg sets (both in a bent shape) and reattached them at the right angle. To match the pose in the artwork.

I'll post as I make progress on the model.

**CURRENT UPDATE**

PAINTING

Scroll down for full update

Here is a small update with the Arms added into the pose. Now that the Green Stuff is Dry I can do a small bit of sculpting (Kromlech Jump Pack should arrive tomorrow)

I am tempted to do a scenic base as well as just a in flight base, the idea of him being posed tearing into a victim sounds like a cool conversion to me.

Small Update while I await the Chaos Jump Packs from Kromlech and some Guitar String for wires.

Small Joint work done as it will be covered by the jump pack.

Ive made a slight change to the hemet to look more like the Old Metal Raptor Helmets so I can trim it down and add wires etc behind.

He is starting to come together quite nicely.

Lovely inspiration, consider myself a fan! :D

Definitely going to be copying the idea....:P

Thanks!

The more awesome looking Raptors the merrier, I'm surprised I didn't realise how easy it would be with the current kit.

Okay so ive been hard at work to crack on with this guy and ive made some nice progress.

I drilled some holes in his helmet for the (guitar string) cables to sit.

2 size of wires were added, it all looks messy but until the Jump packs arrive I can't tidy and tuck bits until I know what room ill have.

Using the Warp Talon jump pack blades I snipped off two little claws and attached them to the back of the feet/talons. Now he has more of a snatching talon feel to him.

And finally to get a size comparison I put him against Commander Draken of the Crimson Fists. Ill be using a GW clear flight stand when I get the chance to pick one up so this is just a temporary one.

Well thats it until the jump pack arrives then it will be one to painting him up.

At the moment im thinking his origin will be Alpha Legion but his Bleeding Eyes theme will be 90% of him with a hint of his past.

Yey the jump pack arrived so I have now fully built him.

The wires have been trimmed and now look like the Jump pack is wired to him.

I now will clean off the Glue Activator residue (the white stuff) add a small bit of damage and some tread on the sole of his boots, then its base coat and painting time!

Hope you guys like.

*Edit*

Oh and yes that is his Hell Blade brother behind him. Raptor Dreadnought conversion begin!

We have some colour! Still some ways until finished but the groundwork is down.

Taking in the theme that no where does ADB mention that all the Bleeding eyes are Nightlords or the colour of them at all (Only Luc is in mostly Midnight blue). So I decided to modify the existing theme from the finescast Raptors as the Bleeding Eyes originally fought for Abaddon there is no reason it couldn't be them. To add a splash of flavour ive put in hints on this chap of him being former Alpha Legion, Raptor first, Cult Second And Legion Third!

** EDIT** He is painted in Runelord Brass the lighting makes it look a bit gold but thats not the case.

The majority of the Bleeding Eye Cult will be former Night Lords (as we all know they have the most Raptors)

So what do you guys think? C+C welcomed!

Noctem

Lookin' great!

what color do you plan on making the weapons casings? (if not just steel. which is perfectly fine too.)

The partial scheming looks promising, hope it all comes out how ya want it too, and is the bleeding eyes' symbol free hand? because it looks quite good on the piece as it is so far.

keep it up!

Thamks. The new HH box set is taunting me to do a Minotaurs force but I'm going to hold out and try and continue with athe Raptor Cult it should be around 1500pts. With over 20 Raptors to be built this way.

If I succumb to the new shiny models I will still finish the other 4 and their Hell Blade.

Okay no pictures but a theme change after a re-read of some descriptions. The armour is only ever described as Dark for Bleeding Eyes but I did opt for Green Eyes when a description says they have Red. I'll keep Raptor one as he is but going forward more red eyes and more of a less organised Cult feel.

Archived