Mark IV and all things HH

Michaelus_Raphael

Greetings brothers!

Obviously most of us have seen the pics and info regarding Betrayal at Calth. Now you could paint them half as smurfs and half as word bearers but why not paint them all in the glorious colours of the IX legion?!

In all seriousness, apart from being great new game this new box looks like a fantastic way to introduce a decent amount of Mk IV armour into your 40k BA force.

My question is this; from a fluff point of view, which company would be the most logical home for 30 suits of relic Mk IV armour? It'd be reasonable to assume that wearing such a suit would be an honour reserved for the greatest, veteran members of the chapter but my 1st company is already full with Terminators, Sternguard and Vanguard so has there been anything written in the books or other background materials that would point to another home for Mk IV suits?

Thanks for your help,

For the Angel!

Greetings Brother,

Well, i would say that it depend from your chapter and your timeline.

- Early fondation chapters (Blood Angels, Flesh Tearers, Angels Encarmine, Angels Vermillon, Angels Sanguine) are expected to possess many old armour suits.

- Latest fondation chapters are expected to possess few/rare old armour suits.

And as exemple for the timeline impact....for exemple with a Second Fondation chapter :

31k = 7/10 (70%) Spaces Marines possess Great Crusade/Pre-Heresy armour suits

32k = 6/10 (60%)

33k = 5/10 (50%)

34k = 4/10 (40%)

35k = 3/10 (30%) From this point, we can say that old armour suits start to become rare and are weared only by Sergeant, Vétérans....etc

36k = 2/10 (20%)

37k = 1/10 (10%)

38k = 1/25 (4%) From this point, old armour suits are relics in their own right, and treated like relic. preciously. Given only to vétérans or heroes of the chapter.

39k = 1/50 (2%)

40k = 1/100 (1%)

Also, many chapters can retain rare exemples of Pre-Heresy Articifer Power Armour, that can be found on Characters such as Captain/Chaplain/Sanguinary Priest/Chapter Masters, for exemple. In addition of the Old but Normal Pre-Heresy/Heresy Power Armour suits.

(40k follow the timeline between 32k and 41k). =)

I think the further you go towards "modern" times the more you see kitbashed suits with bitz from MK4+ because it's at that point the suits are built to have interchangeable parts. I would wager that MK7 you would see the most "whole" suits of but anything else could have parts from any of the marks I mentioned.

Within the last hour bols have postet a screenshot of the new white dwarf. They mention that all units from the HH set can be used in 40k. Wonder if they make rules for the old armour type and cataphratii terminators?

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/11/heresy-only-minis-coming-to-the-grimdark.html

I will probably just mix them in with my regular troops.

As the Blood Angels are a First Founding Chapter, I don't think a good amount of Mark IV would look out of place in any company. Especially when you consider the artificer skill of the Chapter's warriors and Techmarines, if any could preserve them in fighting conditition it's the Blood Angels.

Also, I have always considered Mark IV very iconic for the Blood Angels. Something about it just clicks with the Chapter. So go nuts! (not too much though, or you'll be wearing black armour in no time)

I plan on using them for a HH era BA army, great timing as we're getting legion rules in book 6, due Spring 2016

EDC

Better timing if they'd stuck to what they said and it was before Christmas sad.png

Look at it this way; it gives you time to get it all painted up msn-wink.gif

EDC

Yep, into Death Guard colours.

....Oh god - who opened that door...?

Is... Is that an infernus pistol?

No... I'll be good I swear!

I'll keep painting red!

I Promise!

No Jolemai, Noooooooooo!

Within the last hour bols have postet a screenshot of the new white dwarf. They mention that all units from the HH set can be used in 40k. Wonder if they make rules for the old armour type and cataphratii terminators?

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/11/heresy-only-minis-coming-to-the-grimdark.html

Cataphrapt terminator rules afor 40k are found in the Badab war books :)

I do plan on getting this set. I think id like to be able to play the new game as well as use the models to start a heresy era ba army. I think it would be a great way to get light weights interested in the hobby without overwelming them with 40k/30k.

So I think ill paint half my dudes as Blood angels and the other half as iron warriors (super quick easy to do paint scheme)

Cataphrapt terminator rules afor 40k are found in the Badab war books smile.png

@Xenith - Whereabouts? I've got IA 9 an 10 and didn't notice them mentioned.

Edit: Spelling.

I do plan on getting this set. I think id like to be able to play the new game as well as use the models to start a heresy era ba army. I think it would be a great way to get light weights interested in the hobby without overwelming them with 40k/30k.

So I think ill paint half my dudes as Blood angels and the other half as iron warriors (super quick easy to do paint scheme)

Very similar to my interests... Although as easy as it is, IW shouldn't be in mk4 :(

Blood Angels vs Night Lord.....Come on Jolemai....we are the 40k version of the Night Lords....We terrorise people...have terrible nightmare....and both of our primarch are dead...

(Konrad and Sanguinius really shared a strong trait....they both knew their future, unlike all of their brothers.....)

Mmm hmm, I've always thought of Konrad & Sanguinius are mirrors of one another, both had visions of the future but where Sanguinius was an optimist who could prevent the tragedies he foresaw, Curze was a cynical fatalist who resigned himself to suffering. Sanguinius believed whole-heartedly in building a bright future for Humanity, Curze believed in nothing but the wickedness of man and the futility of his efforts. Curze made himself a symbol of terror to instill obedience, Sanguinius was a symbol of hope to inspire alliegence.

Blood Angels vs Night Lord.....Come on Jolemai....we are the 40k version of the Night Lords....We terrorise people...have terrible nightmare....and both of our primarch are dead...

(Konrad and Sanguinius really shared a strong trait....they both knew their future, unlike all of their brothers.....)

Mmm hmm, I've always thought of Konrad & Sanguinius are mirrors of one another, both had visions of the future but where Sanguinius was an optimist who could prevent the tragedies he foresaw, Curze was a cynical fatalist who resigned himself to suffering. Sanguinius believed whole-heartedly in building a bright future for Humanity, Curze believed in nothing but the wickedness of man and the futility of his efforts. Curze made himself a symbol of terror to instill obedience, Sanguinius was a symbol of hope to inspire alliegence.

Nicely put, brothers.

Absolutely with you guys here, Sanguinius and Curze certainly have that other side of the coin, polarised reflection thing going on. Which is mostly what turns me off Night Lords for when it cones to doing a traitor legion, I want something different.

EDC

Very similar to my interests... Although as easy as it is, IW shouldn't be in mk4 sad.png

Apart from Warsmith Toramino and the Storr Bezakh who were all MK4, if I remember correctly...

Cataphrapt terminator rules afor 40k are found in the Badab war books smile.png

@Xenith - Whereabouts? I've got IA 9 an 10 and didn't notice them mentioned.

Edit: Spelling.

Mybe I'm mistaken then, it it just Tartaros in there?

Archived