Night lords demon prince.

nzd31155

Yes yes I know it's not too fluffy but let's just accept that this warband I'm painting has enjoyed some of the demonic benefics of mucking around close to the warp and have accepted a few gifts here and there.

Now that's cleared up I'm in the process of painting up a demon prince for my night lords.

some WIP shots for you below with a question - what colour do I go with for the skin of the wings (between the fingers/claws).

I've gone with pink skin to match my posessed and hellbrute etc..

I've used a red cape to tie in with the reds across the rest of the force.

The sword was just to stand out - needs a bit more attention.

I'm stuck on the wings.

Black/dark grey? 

Dark blue? - don't like this idea as don't really want to tie it into the armour

pale white/grey/pink - almost translucent - could add blood vessels to give some detail?

Any suggestions?

all C&C welcome!

In the knight lords books some of them are definitely showing signs of the gods getting to them. Tens of thousands of them went rogue so it stands to reason that a few ended up as as a daemon prince.

Look fantastic so far. I would go for lighter greyer on the wing membrane then add veins.

Looks awesome... Personally, I like the color you have going on right now - mostly because it's kind of creepy, which I think fits the aesthetic.

Out of interest, what on earth did you use for the legs? They are very cool! Actually, an entire parts list would be appreciated if you have time!

Look forward to seeing more.

Cheers,

Widowmaker

2015   1

After trying out a bunch of colours, I think I'm settling for this.  The brown in the shading ties in with the red/brown and doesn't clash with the rest of the model - i hope.  Just need to tidy this up and replicate on the other wings

• 6 months later...

After what seems like an age, I've finally finished this model.  Really struggled trying to balance the colours especially on the wings but am now happy with it.  Tried a lot of different approaches and learnt lots of tips mainly never to give up on a model, just keep trying different approaches until something works!

IMG 47052

IMG 4700

IMG 4701

IMG 4702

Archived