Successors getting over their past

Frater Cornelius

Angels of Absolution realized that the sins of their forebearers are not their own, and thus they don't have to seek out forgiveness. However, they are still part of the Legion-building and still help to hunt down the Fallen, right?

So, how about a similar Successor that believes that those who did not give in to Chaos and thus remained loyal have already proven their purity and have no need for further atonement? It is all about the conscience. However, they honour their past and are part of the Legion-building and because of their respect for their brothers they also help to hunt down the Fallen when needed to help clear their conscience just as theirs is clear. However, most of the time they turn their attention towards bigger problems like Chaos in general.

Sounds feasible?

Oh and they are also a bit friendlier. I hate how the entire DA brigade is portrayed as a giant wall of phalluses.

If one chapter can, others can too, I think. But if suddenly many Chapters appear with that attitude it takes away from how serious the Schism was. People will start to think it was not a big deal and suddenly claims would be made to DA to forget and move on.

As for friendlier, no way. For friendliness many other chapters fit those shoes, like Ultramarines or Salamanders. Aloof and secluded are Trademarks of not only the Chapter but the gene-seed and that's something that should always be there even if a chapter thinks the sins are forgiven.

I,ve had this idea about a successor chapter that was tasked with keeping the secret of caliban during the scouring. So the spent years culling the debris of the planet destroying wayward imperial ships and reclaiming the dead from both sides. So by the time there duty is done there mental state is a little kinked from there brother's who have vented there rage and there grief for there lost primarch. So 10,000 years on there a little blaize when it comes to the hunt the fallen and the legion. But at ever gathering of angel,s they surrender to the son's of the lion a fallen of high rank or at the top of the list of those most wanted.

Yeah maybe I just want a chapter of unforgiven to be a S&*% disturber.  

Archived