Thrillhouse w.i.p. CoC welcome

Thrillhouse

Hey guys,

This is my first thread here, after lurking this part of the forum for a couple of years. I wanted to start a proper thread to introduce myself and also my projects and write a bit about my perspective on this hobby of ours. But that will have to wait I guess.

The reason I started this tread today is I need some help with a model Im working on. Its a Guardians of the Covenant apothecary based on the Blood angels apothecary.

It is a gift for a friend and I am currently stuck sculpting the chestplate.

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/harridan_bilder/Misc/IMG_8343_zpsv66rocn0.jpg

I tried to give it a "keel" of sorts, as I wanted it to look like something between a mkiv and a more classic knights chestplate. Right now Im thinking the chest and the stomach is two different pieces to help with movement. But the way theyre bent I feel its not very articulate anyway. so maybe merge them instead? Do you guys think it gets the knightly concept across?

details! i want the crossed swords on one shoulder, and also on his chest. Do you guys have any creative way to incorporate it on the chest? maybe scult a shield on there? Or should I go for another apothecary symbol?

Anyways, thanks for looking. Any comments and feedback is very appretiated, though for now i mostly want design-ideas and i guess the picture is too low quality for you to comment on the actual work.

I like what you've done so far. Maybe the two plates should be merged and blended into the armour some more. It looks like an apron right now. That's not necessarily a bad thing but merging the two plates would make it look more knightly. It looks like you may be going for groin armour, too. That's a great idea! I'd segment that from however you meld the cuirass together.

Keep up the great work thumbsup.gif!

Hey Mehman, thanks a bunch for your comment! Not really sure how to proceed but i expect to give you guys an update next week.

I will look at the length of the armor, thinking about it now it might be longer than i intended. I thought it was as long as a mkiv, only segmented, as i sculpted over the original stomach plate. Ill have to compare it i think.

Once again, thanks alot for the input!

Archived