Space Hulk diy cataphractii terminators

Phiasco

I'm in need of some opinions. I don't think I'll be able to sell my copy of space hulk, so I'm going to repurpose the models. I want to do 30k blood Angels, so I thought I'd convert the termies to cataphractii termies. I figure I'll chop off the arms and replace them with cataphractii arms, with the corresponding shoulder pieces as well. Furthermore, I'll cut out the heads and throw in the cataphractii helmets. Kinda gruesome sounding when you write it down like that. What do you think? Will they look enough like cataphracti to pass muster?

You can sell anything if the price is right.

To be honest, the SH models will be hard to convert, and in the end, you'll just mutilate them and they wont look like cataphracts.

In my opinion, sell the box for 45 pounds, then buy 2 sets of cataphracts from bits and kits (10 terminators) for 45 pounds including postage.

TBH, You'd probably get more for it. RRP, If the termies are still on sprue.

As we said, Cataphracts are way too different - different head, shoulders, torso and legs to be an easy conversion, not to mention that Space hulk models are really tough as they are all sculpted models, not multi part. You'd have a lot more luck with the regular plastic multi part termies. You're probably looking at 3 pounds in bits for each model alone, not to mention 2-3 hours converting time per model - you can see the amount of time a convincing cataphract takes in the thread Joelmai posted.

That said, if you want to try, go for it, and post the results!

Archived