Quick rules question

LutherMax

If I'm not mistaken there was a rule waaaaay back, where high strength weapons made your armor save worse. I also think Fantasy did/does is that.

It's funny how killy Tankbustas are against Death Company, but not a threat the Sanguinary Guard.

Had a diskussion with a friend.

Does a hit strength double your toughness negate fnp even you have eternal warrior?

I thought yes but you lose only one wound per hit. He says a redshirt telled him that gw faqed it. But i never found that "faq".

In my opinion redshirts are like snow. They know nothing. ;)

What faq would that be by chance?

Its one thing to SAY there's an errata or faq for some thing, but the rest of us want to play by the most recent and correct rules too.

Perhaps a link or screen capture or even a simple jpeg to put us all on the same page. Otherwise how we can be sure we're not being played like the noob at his first game in a new local store?

No offense meant in this post just a little too much sarcasm.

But seriously where's that FAQ?

The FAQ I think is the nebulous one that Riot Earp's friend's mysterious redshirt supposedly mentioned. The one that almost certainly does not exist. Hence the whole "show us the faq" thing. Whether or not the FAQ exists, the friend can't use it if they can't prove it.

And you're entirely right about EW having nothing to do with Instant Death and FNP. Previous editions, it was a bit less clear, as EW simply mean that the bearer ignored the effects of Instant Death. Not anymore.

Erm... So can I just check my understanding (ignoring this mysterious FAQ):

- Feel No Pain rolls cannot be taken against wounds that double the hapless victim's toughness

- Eternal Warrior means said wound (if unsaved) reduces the model's wounds by 1, rather than to 0

?

Erm... So can I just check my understanding (ignoring this mysterious FAQ):

- Feel No Pain rolls cannot be taken against wounds that double the hapless victim's toughness

- Eternal Warrior means said wound (if unsaved) reduces the model's wounds by 1, rather than to 0

?

FnP

When a model with this special rule suffers an unsaved Wound, it can make a special Feel

No Pain roll to avoid being wounded (this is not a saving throw and so can be used against

attacks that state that ‘no saves of any kind are allowed’, for example those inflicted by

Perils of the Warp).

Feel No Pain saves may not be taken against Destroyer attacks or against unsaved

Wounds that have the Instant Death special rule.

Roll a D6 each time an unsaved Wound is suffered. On a 4 or less, you must take the

Wound as normal. On a 5+, the unsaved Wound is discounted – treat it as having been

saved.

If a unit has the Feel No Pain special rule with a number in brackets afterwards – Feel No

Pain (6+), for example – then the number in brackets is the D6 result needed to discount

the Wound.

EW

If a model with this special rule suffers an unsaved Wound from an attack that inflicts

Instant Death, it only reduces its Wounds by 1, instead of automatically reducing its

Wounds to 0.

Thank you Jolemai – and for absolute clarity, a wound with a strength that doubles the recipient's toughness confers the Instant Death special rule..?

Found in the Shooting section

Any Wound allocated to a model has the Instant Death special rule (see below)

if the Strength value of that attack is at least double the Toughness value (after

modifiers) of that model.

Instant Death

If a model suffers an unsaved Wound from an attack with this special rule, it is reduced to

0 Wounds and is removed as a casualty.

There is no FAQ. He asked a redshirt in a GW-Shop and the redshirt said that GW released a faq where they state that FNP won´t get overridden by Instant Death on Eternal Warrior.

The Redshirt was just talking bullsh..

In the game Mephiston was fighting an Orkboss with luckystick and claw in a challenge.
The boss got Eternal warrior (from sth.) and fnp from the painboy in the squad.

We played it out correctly after we checked the rulebook faqs. His boss had no FNP against Mephistons S10 attacks.

So it was on Mephiston get 3 Wounds through or mephi will die in the backlash.

Mephi got his 3 Wounds and the Boss got stomped in the ground. :)

Archived