Allied Raven Guard Chapter Master...

L30n1d4s

Looking at the new "supplement" for Raven Guard in the Kayoun Campaign, I think you might be able to supplement a Ravenwing Army pretty effectively with the following Allied detachment:

HQ

-Chapter Master (with SMB, Armor of Shadows Relic, Swiftstrike and Murder Relic)

TR

-Scouts (with CCW/BP) with LS Storm (with MM), MB on Sgt

The LS Storm can provide some very rapid Objective Seizing capability and also give you a light-weight "counter-assault" unit with the Scouts on board.

More significantly, the Chapter Master can attach to a squad of RW Black Knights. With his Armor of Shadows providing the Stealth USR, that means that, combined with Jink and Skilled Rider, the entire squad gets a 2+ cover save (re-rollable for the Black Knights). He also provides Ld 10 (Black Knights combine this with Stubborn for almost guaranteed leadership check success) and the Black Knights give the whole unit Scout and Hit and Run.

Finally, the RG Chapter Master gives the squad 6 x S4 AP3 Shred attacks on the charge, all of which generate additional attacks for every successful to Hit roll (so a potential of 12 Lightning Claw attacks total on the charge). This combines quite well with the Plasma Talons and Corvus Hammers of the Black Knights to make a potent unit even more durable and deadly in pretty much any tabletop situation.

I like the idea. Very thematic as well.

My one concern would be whether the CM would, as an infantry model, slow the bikes down (although conceivably you could daisy chain the unit out while maintaining coherency. That wouldn't always work though).

Unless one of those items is a jump pack?

Archived