Rhapsodys return to the Angels

Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

Hail and well met my brothers clad in red!!

Shortly after the switch to 5th edition I parted ways with my Blood Angels, and really, I've regretted that decision many a time since. There is a lot about the Blood Angels that has always appealed to me. The red armor, the model range, and  the curse, or blessing depending on how you view it. All are things that I don't need to preach to loyal BA players in the BA forums!!

To get down to it, I have decided to rebuild an Angel force, one that thunders from above, (I have Thunderwolf Cavalry to thunder from below!!) and strike fear into the vile and wicked across all of the stars. All of them.

I have a few models already and a theme picked out. Jump Packs. I know BA's do other things, but I really like thematics and armies that play up to them. It won't be all jumpers, I'll have some Tac squads in Pods and maybe even a couple of Dreads too!!

Is there a formation(s) that allow you to field mass amounts of jumpers, be it VV, ASM, DC, SG?? Emphasis on the SG as they are some of my favorite models!! Do the tactics of old (4th-5th ed) hold up when running jumpers in 7th ed?? Are ASM still bread and butter??

Thank you and I look forward to learning and contributing more in the future!!

End of Line

Assault Marines are back to Fast Attack (they were Troops in 5th Ed) so if you want to take lots the Flesh Tearers Strike Force from the Codex is an option - you only have to take one Troop choice and you get six Fast Attack slots.

Sanguinary Guard and jump pack Death Company are great for your Elite slots, plus maybe a Furioso with frag cannon?

@Jorre- I looked at that formation closely. It's damn good. But I want to run BA only formations, so it's out. Thanks for the suggestion though!!

@LutherMax- Nice!! But sad about no more scoring ASM!! Thanks for the reply!!

Off to my LGS to get some ASM and maybe a box of VV!!

End of Line

Archived