Reposed BoC Contemptor

Col.hertford

The stock pose made it possible for me to resist the whole box, that and the mk6.

But now you and krautscientist make a few minor changes and bring it to life. Well done, and at least I can still resist the mk6 for now.

MkVI for the Legionnaires? Nah. that's MKIV, my friend.

I can see the resemblance, though.

@Mechanist, many thanks, the mkIV is growing on me now I have them. I don't think they fit the asthetic of all legions, Death Guard being a good example, but most look pretty good in this suit. There's even a set of mkII shoulders for variety.

@Corswain, cheers, Yeah, I cut the right leg at the hip before I stuck the two sides of the body together. Glad I can help with the addiction

I didn't think that MkIV would be of any use to my Death Guard, also, Colonel. As we all know, Horus got the best for his Traitor Legions right before the axe struck and the galactic civil war was started. That made me set my jaw and order the BaC box. I can't afford the MkII and MkIII that I love (right now, at least) and, anyway, I was going to get some MkIV later on for my Company/Chapter so why not now? The Cataphractii Armour was the real deal-seller, if I'm being honest.

I didn't think that MkIV would be of any use to my Death Guard, also, Colonel. As we all know, Horus got the best for his Traitor Legions right before the axe struck and the galactic civil war was started. That made me set my jaw and order the BaC box. I can't afford the MkII and MkIII that I love (right now, at least) and, anyway, I was going to get some MkIV later on for my Company/Chapter so why not now? The Cataphractii Armour was the real deal-seller, if I'm being honest.

I think loyalist DG would have had a lot of mkIV sets. These were Terrans mainly, survivers before mortarion took charge. They would likely have newer, lighter gear than the Barbarus stock who seem to have been more favoured. The loyalist crewed most of the heavy stuff too

I wouldn't place the Terran minority in the newest armour mark just to kill them off at Istvaan III. I think we see a lot of Death Guard in Mk II and III because they were one of the oldest Legions. Then we get Mortarion and he utilizes whatever is at hand to get the killing started. After a while, the new blood-stock from Barbarus comes in and they also get the left-overs but are slated for the next shipment of goodies. Some time before Istvaan III, when the proto-traitors are declaring their Legions for Horus- who has the requisition power for the entire war effort, I would assume this is when he ordered all the new, fancy Mk IV armour to outfit his growing, loyal-to-him Legions.

That seems to be a good timeline. A bit rough, but it gets the job done.

Sorry miss reading of the roman numerals in last week's white dwarf. I need to compare but the WD pictures of the terminators look much chunkier than I remember the forgeworld ones, I think it was a missed opportunity to get moulds for 3 marks of armour in plastic, would have been nice to see a mix.

Still it's great to see something that makes so many happy, keep up the good work.

Mortiaron though mkIV a poor replacement to the resilience of the mkIII, and to a lesser extent the mkII. MkIV was just not as resilient and the primarch cared not one jot about the increased comfort provided by the mkIV. The DG endure!

That said, your right, whole companies on both sides had these suits. The fact the models have bonding studs is very DG. They are not happy to be in this over mkIII, so make field mods to increase survival rates.

I guess this boils down to anything goes, even some mkvi would have made it to Horus for evaluation.

Sorry miss reading of the roman numerals in last week's white dwarf. I need to compare but the WD pictures of the terminators look much chunkier than I remember the forgeworld ones, I think it was a missed opportunity to get moulds for 3 marks of armour in plastic, would have been nice to see a mix.

Still it's great to see something that makes so many happy, keep up the good work.

Maybe we will get another two boxes for these mks. You never know...

I think loyalist DG would have had a lot of mkIV sets. These were Terrans mainly, survivers before mortarion took charge. They would likely have newer, lighter gear than the Barbarus stock who seem to have been more favoured. The loyalist crewed most of the heavy stuff too

Death Guard in Angel Exterminatus are in MkIV armour and most certainly not loyalists. My view is that DG look more brutal in MkII and MkIII so that is what they are mostly seen in. I believe we will be getting MkIII in plastic once the BaC kits are separated out into unit boxes for the Age of Darkness range or Horus Heresy if they run with that as a name for the range. BaC is a begining not a self contained game.

Archived