Knight suggestions.

Pigshead

Howdy folks,

I'm looking at investing in an imperial knight to ally with my dark Angels, I play mostly with the lions blade with a smattering of ravenwing or pure ravenwing, and was wondering if any of you lovely folk have suggestions for which knight to go for. I was leaning heavily towards the warden but I've started thinking I should maybe take something more close combat orientated as I tend to be lacking in that department.

Any suggestions or advice would be most appreciated.

Magnetize it, you will be so much happier with the versatility and it travels/stores so much better between games.

Paladins: great range firepower with melee option

Errants: great for AV 13-14 and termi kill but requires you to be within 18" for melta shots

Gallant: melee only, 1 trick pony, cheapest points for a knight but gets very little for having no real shooting

Warden: Assault cannon but better range, number of shots, and AP, has a heavy flamer

Crusader: Shooting only, most expensive knight, lots of dakka though with either a battle cannon or thermal cannon and the wardens super auto cannon

The only one I will probably never field is the gallant solely because you don't get any extra rules or attacks with no shooting so pretty much every time I will spend the extra 50 points for a shooting attack since they are pretty much as good at melee as the gallant and can shoot. 

D cc weapon + shooting weapon

I use the battle canon version and to be honest with so many points sunk into it then an all rounder with 2 blast templates is a decent bet the amount of times the 1St shot goes wild doesn't bear thinking about, you get ordinance on it as well.

Magnetize it anyway and battle cannon has full board range

Here is what i use.

If i bring only one its a knight errant. I find that the S9 AP1 melta is just more effective against just about everything. And what that doesn't kill outright the S D chainsaw and stomp will. Key here is be very aggressive.

My #2 is the Knight Crusader. The shear firepower that thing puts out is gold and dont forget, even though it has no S D weapon its cc attacks are still S10 AP2. Plenty good enough to insta-kill most things.

fun fact you can save a massive magnetizing headache by cutting a bit of the barrel off the imperial knights rapid fire battlecannon and just place it on the center joint joining the two so properly that you dont need a magnetize. please be aware that this means that you would need to find a new rapid fire battlecannon

Archived