Question regarding Dreadnoughts.

BrotherTycho

So I know that, besides the normal Dreadnought, Blood Angels have the Librarian Dreadnought, Death Company Dreadnought and the Furiouso Dreadnought. However, was a reason ever given, in fluff or otherwise, as to why Blood Angels don't have Venerable Dreadnoughts or Ironclad Dreadnoughts?

Our Venerable are furioso fluff wise.

Ironclad are essentially siege dreads and came into being in a later edition of 40k. I think GW just decided with three types of dread to ourselves already it didn't really fit our chapters ethos. And I agree really, we'd just use a furioso.

Nah Ironclads are fortress breakers :)

Well our normal dreads used to be heavy support remember, so they could be used as shooty platforms.

A fun unit in the vanilla space marine Dex is a squad of 3 Venerables with twin auto cannons on every hard point. 12 twin linked bs5 shots on a hard to shift and mobile body!

Same as Ironclads, wasn't in games workshops eternal vision of us.

I think GW expect you'll either go unbound or take a SM Detachment/Formation if you want Centurions. 

I don't think they regard the Imperial Codexes as separate functioning entities anymore

Same as Ironclads, wasn't in games workshops eternal vision of us.

I think GW expect you'll either go unbound or take a SM Detachment/Formation if you want Centurions.

I don't think they regard the Imperial Codexes as separate functioning entities anymore

Yep, everything is easy enough to ally in these days, can even paint them the same colours. Flesh Tearer assault centurions just feel fluffy.

Yep, everything is easy enough to ally in these days, can even paint them the same colours. Flesh Tearer assault centurions just feel fluffy.

- Ironclad Dreadnought => No, we already have Furioso Dreadnought/DC Dreadnought, those two models can do the same work.

- Assault centurions => I can really imagine those centurions within a Blood Angels army, mostly in the most reckless of the BA successors....

- Devastator centurions => No, just no, it would only be the kickest way to join the Death Company....Devastator is already a hard job for BA.

- Land Speeder Storm => We need and deserve it. Our scouts are hot headed ones, they touch the ground only to charge.

- Another Kind of Land Speeders  (Fast attack/Support)=> Would be a good idea for future Blood Angels insertion since the Elite slot is full.

- Another Flyers (like the stormtalon) => We need it, at least to assure the aerial superiority that we are suppose to always trying to hold.....

- And why not a Special Drop Pod with increased capacity and/or that allow to charge the turn it Deep Strike ?....etc

(I'm still angry that Dark Angels got Speeders and Flyers that fluffy should be ours(in essence), after all, we come from the sky....even the Wolves have their own flyers....)

(I'm still angry that Dark Angels got Speeders and Flyers that fluffy should be ours(in essence), after all, we come from the sky....even the Wolves have their own flyers....)

At the early beginnig long time ago the Stormraven was that ... but than the other kids got it to dry.png(i dont like sharing my toys with others ph34r.png )

- Assault centurions => I can really imagine those centurions within a Blood Angels army, mostly in the most reckless of the BA successors....

- Devastator centurions => No, just no, it would only be the kickest way to join the Death Company....Devastator is already a hard job for BA.

Personally not a big fan of of the centurions. They look silly to me.

I'd rather we get some more unique fast attack toys to play with. Like a unique variant of the Stormtalon or maybe a biker squad devoted to close combat?

Personally, I also wish the Land Raider Redeemer was unique to us, with Salamanders maybe being the only other chapter with access to it.

Personally, I also wish the Land Raider Redeemer was unique to us, with Salamanders maybe being the only other chapter with access to it.

Careful with that talk or some Templar will come in here and spill their zeal all over us! tongue.png

Since the LR crusader was introduced as a 3rd war for Armageddon vehicle (Black templar), Blood Angels would also be aware of this variant and probably have access to it.

Not even sure where the redeemer came from though.

Nah, those are really for scars. Ours should mainly be jump packs, which it is.

Oo... Think about how cool a scout "assault" pack would be. Flying scouts!

Or even just a rule that says if our Warlord, or HQ, or even a specifically a captain has a jump-pack, we can take Assault Marines as troops.

Or even just a rule that says if our Warlord, or HQ, or even a specifically a captain has a jump-pack, we can take Assault Marines as troops.

The Flesh Tearers Strike Force is already the solution with it 6 FA slots.

Futhermore, yesterday i came to compare the DA and BA codexes, and...... DA codex is 160 page, while BA is 112....so 160-112 = 48 page left for Fluff/Rules/Formations/New unit(s).

+ 5-10 page of fluff/successors chapters development (like it was in the 7th ed with the great artworks, but with more fluffs and 1 or 2 more successors.)

+ 2-5 page of rules (Why did the BA codex always focus on the Brigh side of the BA, why not includes Two chapters tactics and Detachment ? The Noble Angels and The Fallen Angels?^^, that's an idea....already reflected into the fluff....and we already have the Noble (BA Detachment) and the Fallen (FT Detachment).)

+10-20 page of formations

+1-2 page of new unit(s)

Just imagine....

And for accountant point of view :

DA codex price/page (in euro) : 160/46 = 0.2875€/page

BA codex price/page (in euro) : 112/38 = 0.3393€/page

So not only, we have less than DA, but we pay it more....that's clearly unfair....

This would be the Emperors nuts.

And would really really encourage more jump pack assault marines to be tabled (not that this seems to be a problem)... And also makes sense from a fluff point of view... And, and, and - Oh someone just make it happen!

I want a Furioso Dreadnought with a jumppack option in the next codex.

That would be a Librarian Dreadnought with "Wings of Sanguinius". http://1.1.1.1/bmi/image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png

I want one with a jump pack and two blood talons.

Do it GW.

You might as well throw in a Frag Canon with a 72" blast marker, and a built in combi weapon that shoots power fists...

I want a Furioso Dreadnought with a jumppack option in the next codex.

That would be a Librarian Dreadnought with "Wings of Sanguinius". http://1.1.1.1/bmi/image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png

I want one with a jump pack and two blood talons.

Do it GW.

You might as well throw in a Frag Canon with a 72" blast marker, and a built in combi weapon that shoots power fists...

The 72" marker is a bit ott but a built in Space Marine Launcher and a built in Power Fist Cannon sounds like a configuration worthy of the name "Angry Marines Dreadnought"

Archived