Dark Angels MVPs

DeamonQC

I would be curious to know what's your MVP unit.

Mine is a Ravenwing command squad with an apoc and an attached Interrogator Chaplain wielding the mace of redemption.  even withtout support from a Darkshroud it earned a nasty reputation in my FLGS because it chew through any units I throw them at and is fast enough to avoid the units I don't want to fight (AP3 wielding units).

I like the classic RWAS. Fully formed, with 6 bikes and an attack bike, with a Landspeeder with 2 Heavy Bolters. Cheap, fast, tough and versatile.

With the new codex rules, My opponents no longer dare hit me with anything AP3 or lower. Re-rollable jink saves are just too intimidating, even without Skilled Rider.

Also, 6 heavy bolter shots almost ensures that +1 BS, and with 2 grav guns (and a combi) as I usually play it now, that BS5 is a must. Gotta make sure those grav shots hit their target.

Another MVP of mine is a team of a 10-man Tactical Squad, flamers or plasma, on a rhino with an extra storm bolter, guarded by a Multi Melta or Assault Cannon Venerable Dreadnough.

When I play this team, i try and bring two, and force my opponent to split their firepower. Then go hunting for other transports. With good rolls, the multimelta breaks things open, and then the 16 rapid firing shots plus the flamer/plasma and combi weapons take care of whatever comes out.

Also good for sitting on objectives.

I'm a big fan of the RWCS, fully tooled up with a champion, apothecary, and a banner (because I always, ALWAYS fail that initiative roll) with a lvl 2 libby. Or, as I played in my last game, Sammy AND a lvl 2 libby.... which I then skillfully drove into range of a squad of hammernators in a landraider redeemer and an Ironclad dreadnought. Ap3 flamer, Ap 1 fisting... "Jink that!" was the phrase my opponent used. Think my brain melted there for a moment.

Anyhoo, I also highly rate the Ravenwing Support Squadron. 

The favorite unit in the army list I've been running lately is my command squad with sacred standard, four grav guns, apothecary and free razorback upgraded with assault cannons.  They've been joined by Ezekiel who's part of a Dark Angels Librarius Conclave.  My opponents have tried just about everything to kill them.  Ezekiel's book even makes them very dangerous in close combat.

I really like my crusaderload of knights (with smite mode no longer being one-shot, no chappy required, and with AP3, smite mode rarely needed anyway)...and I'm with Luci on the typhoon (really a great choice in an otherwise pure deathwing list, by the way), but the RWAS is king.  MMAB, six bikes with dual grav, and a tornado...grav and melta for taking down tanks (okay, the assault cannon doesn't hurt there, either), and seven chances to give the rest of the squadron twinlinked BS5 bolters if you come across a horde.

I think in all truth my consistent MVP's are my tactical squads, there is nothing they cant have a go at, they are Ob sec, every one always overlooks them in favor of smashing assault squads and devs and they are unreasonably effective if anyone is stupid enough to charge them. Mind you I do also like my angry semi dead dudes in boxes, 3 dreads are super smashing funsmile.png

When I have the points and or playing for fun:

Terminator Command Squad in an LRC

+ Champion

+ Deathwing Banner w/ TH&SS

+ TH&SS w/ Cyclone Missiles

+ THS&SS

+ Apothecary

With attached Interrogator Chaplain w/ MOR and Ezekiel. I roll Santic for Ezekiel and try and get Sanctuary (for 2++ on the Storm Shields), never had problems with perils. This thing gets into combat and game over for anything that get's in it's way. Even the Apothecary has been know to kill it's fair share of stuff with 5 attacks on the charge.

Might be contraversial, but my nephilm jetfighter has played a blinder in every game ive taken it. Avenger mega bolter, tl hb ans 2x black missiles, i think thats 10x bs5 shots per turn, ive taken out entire terminator squads in 1 round.....

2x Mortis Kheres Contemptors here.  Have had way too much fun with those.  Especially in 6E with a tech marine trudging behind them with a PFG.  The havoc they created was awesome.  They held and entire flank of orks in one game on their own...in the open.

Archived