Need some fluff help...

Redfinger

I am in the process of developing a IF successor chapter. I have the scheme picked out but I am not sure what to do about company and squad markings, little lost for colors. Here is what I came up with;

gallery_54980_11359_26258.jpg

And this is what it looks like painted;

gallery_54980_11359_141329.jpeg

The base is temporary until I figure out what I am going to do. When I painted this up I was thinking 5th company, 7th squad. Black shoulder trim, and right knee cap company color with the number on the knee of the squad. The two problems I am running into are what to do for veterans since the standard helmet is white. And the second is reconciling the cream shoulders with the other company shoulder colors, I love the look of the black and I am not sure how other colors like the red, yellow and purple are going to look.

So I am looking for ideas on how to represent vet's and organize my company colors and markings along with the squad markings.

Thanks for any suggestions guys.

A.

Personally, I ignore colour coding for companies for my DIY chapters. I just don't like the idea and think it looks awful. You could, perhaps, go for simple numeration instead of worrying about colour compatability, or you could do what the Dark Angels do and have mini knee-pad liveries per company.  

As for Veteran colours, how about reversing the regular colour scheme? Anything cream, switch it to green and vice versa. :)

Archived