Ravenwing plus white scars

dtse

So why not be friends? Instead of ravenwing vs white scars which is better why not combine ravenwing strike force with a white scars biker army? What they lose in rerolling jinks they gain in invuln saves and unkillable chapter master?

The Chapter master is far from unkillable but he can tank a lot, Scars work best with Khan they have their own flavor.

If your into competitions then a better fit would be Iron Hands Psyker biker Conclave but given the new Chapter relics then I'm sure a case could be made for scars Psykers instead 

In terms of Ravenwing Command V White Scars Command (or other CS command) they have to buy a load of upgrades and power weapons to get anywhere near

Black Knights                                                                     CSM

The bike comes stock with a twin linked plasma - They have to buy grav guns

(Grav is good but not ideal in all situations, Plasma is pretty versatile, if it wasn't for Gets Hot there would be more of it)

Corvus Hammer   (+1 strength rending)                  They have to buy Power weapons + Storm shields

Champion is a cheap upgrade to S5 WS5               There's still has to include its storm shield so no additional attack

Our best Beatsick character is the Interrogator, tooled up Mace/Shroud he comes in at 170 hits at initiative and has a bonus attack, compared to the Eternal Captain who is a pricey 250 though has the same number of attacks with a Thunderhammer one Pip of WS but same initiative.

Taking an interrogator makes the rest of the Knights + himself twin linked on Round 1 and you have the stasis grenade to tilt the odds

You then have access to the Dark Talon with its stasis bomb to really dump on them

Don't get me wrong I don't think the Scars are bad I just think the DA dovetail with other units better such as the Support squadron the Talon the Shroud and Interomancy, there a more subtle way of playing where the units support each other in a number of ways from Supporting Over watch from the Speeder Squadron to blocking overwatch from the Shroud & little things like Fear checks on 3d6 from interomancy to Fear being given out by the DS

Why not be friends?

First of all, I can't paint white to save my life. Second, The more RW units in the table, the more synergy you get. True you can get benefits from having WS allies, but when all those RW units,RW formations and RW special rules start to interact together they make something better then having a part of your army that does not share rules, IMHO

Archived