It's a Forgeworld Christmas

jbaeza94

Well, it's been a week. We have a winner! the correct answer was Necrons,1500 per player. Czigo guessed Necrons,1250.

Congratulations Czigo!I'll be contacting you soon to talk about your gift.

Thank you everyone for participating. It was very fun. We had a much higher turn out rate than I thought we would, but I'm glad to see such a large community.

A bit about the match. I had been playing 40k for about 6 months, I loved painting but I didn't have very many games under my belt. I invited my buddy to go the the game store with me for 40k Monday to find a pick up game. It was epic, the lion and the wolf, vs necrons. We even did the customary honor duel, TDA IC with MoR vs Ulrik the Slayer. I won :)

I took 1 rhinos and 2 10 man tac squads, one with plasma canon and plasma gun, the other with plasma gun, power fist. Also took 2 5man deathwing,a ven dred, and one bike squad for accurate deep strikes. My IC with a termie squad destroyed 3 destroyeers and the overlord with lychguard. It was am epic duel. My favorite moment was when his warriors disembarked the aircraft ,and shot at my rhino. Popped it of course, and I disembarked towards the necrons. My turn I was able to move with rapid fire distance and destroyed all but 3 necrons. Yes, he failed all those reanimations. Then I charged and they were done :) my SW vindicator was nasty, and Bjorn and my dread took on 3 wraiths, they all died, but so did my dread, Bjorn had one hull point left. It was an epic game, glad it was my first victory.

Once again, congratulations Czigo.

Hello everyone,

First of all I want to say thank you to jbaeza for running such a generous competition; so thank you!

Secondly not for a minute did I believe that I would actually win! It was a wild guess, and my only guess strangely enough.

I am still very much undecided on what to select as a prize; any suggestions?

Archived