Bro-Crons: Could someone 'splain this to me?

Honda

The "Bro-crons" garbage has been around since longer than Exterminatus.

Honda, here is the section in question from the BA 5th ed codex. Have a read, and then decide for yourself whether it confers any of the special rules that your gaming partner suggested it did.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Mechxen/Necrons_zpsj39gxoky.jpg

@ Xenith - I think the OP was referencing the special rules etc. his opponent was using are the ones drawn from the SoB: Exterminatus supplement so it is more legitimate because it is a recent and accepted book and set of rules. The Allies of Convenience is more specific (not rules for it in general games), but the formations/detachments used fit perfectly with the fluff and the rules.

@ Xenith - I think the OP was referencing the special rules etc. his opponent was using are the ones drawn from the SoB: Exterminatus supplement so it is more legitimate because it is a recent and accepted book and set of rules. The Allies of Convenience is more specific (not rules for it in general games), but the formations/detachments used fit perfectly with the fluff and the rules.

However there are no rules presented in Exterminatus similar to what Honda described. If you can provide a page reference, that would be useful.

The Nearest I found is one very specific mission, which reads:

One player is the Allied player, and his opponent is the Tyranid player. All units in the Allied player’s army must have the Blood Angels or Necrons Faction. He must include Commander Dante, Anrakyr the Traveller and a C’tan Shard (representing Nyadra’zatha, the Burning One – see Mission Special Rules) in his army, though none of these units cost any points.

Desperate Circumstances: For the purposes of Levels of Alliance, Blood Angels and Necron units are treated as Allies of Convenience during this mission.

However these only apply when facing a Tyranid opponent (specified), and you have agreed to the mission, and in no way allows a pure death company force battle brothers with necrons.

I totally agree, in normal games they are still Come the Apocalypse, hence why I said in my posts: "it is only in one of the missions they are allies of convenience" & "The Allies of Convenience is more specific (not rules for it in general games)". ;)

I assumed that the all Death Company army the OP was talking about was Strike Force Mortalis, and the buff to reanimation protocols is from the Mephrit Dynasty Cohort, both from the Shield of Baal: Exterminatus supplement. In this instance I would allow it (not battle brothers, mind) because I think it's damn awesome! And i'm a 'narrative gamer' myself...

However, I didn't know about the Gehenna Campaign at all really. I finally know the origin for that hilarious meme! :)

Posted · Hidden by Jolemai, December 10, 2015 - Antagonistic reply to a now-hidden post
Hidden by Jolemai, December 10, 2015 - Antagonistic reply to a now-hidden post

I was in an Apoc game recently and one of the players showed up with the all Death Company variant of BA and also Necrons.

The justification for this abomination was that somewhere in the Wardian Heresy, BA and Crons became battle buddies to defeat the Tyranids.

1. So is that correct?

2. Is it legit that a player with the BA codex can field an all Death Company force + Necrons as battle brothers?

3. Is it campaign specific?

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers,

No no no. He's an idiot.

If he used them as battle brothers (using their level of allegiance rules) then he is a cheating idiot.

He's an idiot.

I think you should read apocalypse rules before you start calling names man.
Posted · Hidden by Jolemai, December 10, 2015 - Unnecessary having hidden the above
Hidden by Jolemai, December 10, 2015 - Unnecessary having hidden the above
Yes it was. In Apoc games all player units are treated as friendly units. Don't you think that calling someone an idiot and accusing of cheating when you don't know the rules is a bit rude?
Posted · Hidden by Jolemai, December 10, 2015 - Unnecessary having hidden the above
Hidden by Jolemai, December 10, 2015 - Unnecessary having hidden the above

Yes, hence why I've already asked for order in this thread and having being pulled up on it by the OP, the person in question has already stated that he didn't mean for his comments to be taken as they were.

I don't feel it's necessary for it to be brought back up and for a scene to be created. There's always the report button should you find something offensive.

Archived