Flesh Tearers fiction list & reading order

--eFTy-->

Greetings, gentlemen.

It's been a while since I've binged on some 40k fiction, and for a while now I've wanted to get into the Flesh Tearers. I've read a couple of stories a while ago, but I'd like to try taking it all from the start. I'm hoping someone here has already done what I would need to do before I begin - make a list of all the novels & short stories, preferably sorted by reading order (not necessarily by publication or chronologically, just to achieve the best reading experience).

I know there's basically multiple sections of their story - the Horus Heresy, with stories involving Amit (I've read Fear to Tread a few years ago, I might reread it, though), then Flesh of Cretacia I think and the rest of the stories from their chapter's inception days, and then the 'current day' 40k with Seth.

If someone already did a list like this, I'd appreciate it if they could share it.

Cheers!

Oooh, I love me some Flesh Tearers. I would recommend the following reading order (mainly chronological):

• * Index Astartes I: Blood Frenzy (3rd edition rule/fluff book, might be really hard to find, but does give a nice overview of the Chapter)
  • Sons of Wrath
  • Flesh of Cretacia
  • Trial by Blood (collects together pretty much all of the short stories by Andy Smillie)
  • At Gaius Point
  • * Ragnar Blackmane (yes, I know, but the Tearers feature pretty heavily there, and not to be confused with the older Ragnar books).
  • Audio: From the Blood & Blood in the Machine

* Limited editions, you can manage without reading these even though they are nice. smile.png

Well, that is very useful information, thank you!

I compiled this list and hunted most short stories down to then find out they're already gathered in the Trial ebook. Woo! With story form of the two audio books to boot!

I was thinking that At Gaius Point should be read along with Blood in the Machine, as it also happens on Armageddon (though I know it's not that important, I've read it a few years ago and remember it's relatively inconsequential), and I've added A Son's Burden (which I've already read) and Crimson Night.

Flesh Tearers:

Horus Heresy:
Sins of the Father (in Born of Rage)
Virtues of the Sons (in Death and Defiance)
Fear to Tread

Post-Heresy:
At Slaughter's End (audio)
Debt of Blood (in Born of Rage)
Sons of Wrath
Flesh of Cretacia

40k:
The Quickening (advent 2012)
Beneath the Flesh
Know Thyself
Torturer's Thirst (in Treacheries of the Space Marines)
Immortalis
Astorath the Grim: Redeemer of the Lost (advent 2013)
Gabriel Seth: The Flesh Tearer (advent 2013)
The Stromark Massacre (From the Blood & Terror Nihil - audio)
At Gaius Point (Armageddon - in Legends of the Space Marines) - Aaron Dembski-Bowden
Blood in the Machine (Armageddon - audio)
Trial by Blood
A Son's Burden (Shield of Baal)

Crimson Night - James Swallow

Thank you very much for the helpful information!

• 2 weeks later...

There'should a BA bundle on Black lunar now which if I remember correctly is every BA Novel, Novella, and Enovel published to date, along with some online content only.

If I have it right it also has all the Flesh Tearers stuff too.

Could be worth a look if you are planning on bingeing.

Archived