Samurai_Eduh's 30k Dark Angels

Samurai_Eduh

Hi everyone. Long time lurker here. I've jumped on the 30k band wagon with the release of Betrayal at Calth! I've decided to go with the Dark Angels for this project and I just got done the first batch of tactical marines. I get bored easily, so I find it much easier to paint small batches of models, paint something completely different, and then paint more of the original project. I've rambled on enough, here is the photo. C&C is always welcome!

http://i.imgur.com/BMgRXr9.jpg

I prefer it to the dark green actually. Why'd they change to dark green?!

Lion, Ferrus Manus and Corax all turned up to a party and decided at least one of them had to go change.

I heard it was the Lion and Luther, and the party absolutely.. *ahem* ..rocked

Per the fluff, the Dark Angels were black and red during the heresy. When the Lion was found, the Legion slowly started converting to green armor and heraldry to symbolize the green caliban forests. The Lion remained in black armor. Generally, the Terran born members remained in black armor and the first couple of recruit classes from Caliban were in black armor.

I prefer it to the dark green actually. Why'd they change to dark green?!

Lion, Ferrus Manus and Corax all turned up to a party and decided at least one of them had to go change.

I heard it was the Lion and Luther, and the party absolutely.. *ahem* ..rocked

I think the more serious answer to the question was, that they wanted to set themselves apart from the Fallen, who didn`t have the courtesy of changing their own armour after going full heretic.

Archived